2016 Senior Bowl Stuff...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's what a Bison steak diet will do for you.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
You'll get Jalen Ramsey and like it. :rofl
Yeah, Hargreaves or Ramsey would be the worst case scenario. The only non-QB's I like at #4 are Bosa and Jack. Even then Jack isn't an elite top 5 prospect, but there aren't many this year. If we get a QB or Bosa, great. Otherwise everyone else being mentioned like Jack, Buckner and heaven-forbid Ramsey are all being talked about by teams like the Ravens, 49ers and Dolphins drafting 6-8. At 4 I want a top 5 prospect, not someone teams below us are after and we could've had if we drafted 7th/8th.

Fortunately, if two QB's pan out then we should get one of them or Bosa, unless we go full-retard which is always a possibility.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
We are definitely trading up to #1 for Wentz
Wouldn't surprise me with Jerry. Probably give up the rest of the draft or next years #1. He always overpays in trades when he gets excited, like a joe fan.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ystery-of-qb-prospect-carson-wentz-begins-to-unfold-at-senior-bowl-042749796.html

This brings us back to Wentz, who in two years as the North Dakota State starter racked up 42 touchdown passes against 14 interceptions and ran for 12 touchdowns. Those are nice numbers that apparently have translated into some intriguing film for scouts. But now is when the meat of his evaluation begins. That became evident last week, when a Cowboys personnel source pumped the brakes on the Wentz-to-Dallas train. Asked about evaluators and analysts suggesting the Cowboys liked Wentz at No. 4 overall, he rolled his eyes.

"Is it April already?" he quipped. "There's a lot of evaluation left for everyone. There's three months of work left to do on a lot of guys. I don't know where these mock drafts come from in January."

The Cowboys' coaching staff will guide the North team this week, with Wentz as the main attraction under center. And there's no denying the opportunity in hand this week for Dallas coach Jason Garrett and a front office that has begun to think about the future at quarterback.

"Jason and the Cowboys, obviously, they have to make plans at some point for the post-Tony Romo era, whenever that occurs," Savage said. "I would certainly think that being able to compare Carson Wentz up close and personal with the other candidates that are out there will be helpful to them."

The Cowboys personnel evaluator who urged process over hype made a concrete point on Wentz. The players have work to do in this process. The teams have work to do. And even the Cleveland Browns, who are picking No. 2 overall, have to figure out which quarterback (if any) is right for that slot. And as little as anyone knows about Wentz in live football action, they may know even less about his mental makeup off it. That became apparent on Monday's Senior Bowl registration day, when Wentz estimated that he had informally met with half the teams in the NFL. By the time the Senior Bowl is over, he'll likely have spoken to some elements of every scouting department in the league.

"I think there are obviously a lot of doubts, coming from the FCS, and I want to address that right away," Wentz said. "[I want to] prove that I can play at a high level, play at a fast level and compete with these guys and really excel.

"Everyone is going to have their own opinion [of me]. All the media is going to have their opinion one way or another. What really matters is what the scouts think, what the owners think, what the administration within the teams think. At the end of the day, whatever projections might be out there in mock drafts and all that so to speak, it's really irrelevant to me personally. I'm just worried about getting better every day."

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It's going to be interesting. I don't want Dallas trading up especially since there are real question marks about Wentz and Goff. But it would suck if they both are the real deal and the Browns take one of them while someone else trades with the Titans or Chargers and takes the other.

The 49ers would be the best bet, but hopefully with Chip they'll be content to see what Colin can do in his system this year. The others could be the Saints, Eagles or Rams, but drafting in the teens it'd cost an arm and leg to move up to the top 3.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hopefully, Jerry caught the part in that interview where Wentz said he played baseball.

:fistpump

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Whats funny is a couple of weeks ago we:re talking about Wentz maybe moving into the middle of the 1st.

Now with nothing happening and before any Seniot bowl practices he's being mentioned in the top 4 and maybe having to trade up to get him.

I think I'd tap the brakes until something happens to warrant the rise.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Whats funny is a couple of weeks ago we:re talking about Wentz maybe moving into the middle of the 1st.

Now with nothing happening and before any Seniot bowl practices he's being mentioned in the top 4 and maybe having to trade up to get him.

Yeah things are getting a bit out of hand in regards to Wentz.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sometimes it isn't as much a rise as the media actually is getting a feel for where NFL teams have these players ranked. The Senior Bowl for example is a great location for the media to talk to scouts and NFL front offices to find out where these players are truly ranked. As fans what we see as a player rising or falling isn't necessarily reality. The Cowboys for example may have had a high first round grade on Wentz the second they finished evaluating his senior tape.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is only out of hand because it conflicts with what you have been told to this stage.
This is exactly right. These players aren't rising or falling. If I tell you Wentz is a fifth rounder one day and then a first rounder the next it has the appearance that he has risen. But in reality I just didn't know what I was talking about when I stated he has a fifth round grade. That's what you are seeing with Wentz right now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom