Cowboys WR on Dak Prescott: 'Great to have QB that's not moody'

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys WR on Dak Prescott: 'Great to have QB that's not moody'
Without QB Tony Romo in the fold, Dallas Cowboys WR Terrance Williams credits the success of 2016 to one key attribute by Dak Prescott.
Patrik Walker

The Dallas Cowboys went 13-3 in 2016 which included a franchise-record 11-game win streak, and quarterback Dak Prescott was a key reason.

Wide receiver Terrance Williams certainly understands how important it is to have a great quarterback, having suffered through a 1-11 record in 2015 when Tony Romo was not on the field. The carousel of Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel and ultimately Kellen Moore saw Williams muster a career-low in receiving touchdowns (3).

Facing another season without Romo, who went down in August with a fractured vertebra, Williams no doubt had a spell of deja vu. There was none to be had during the regular season, although it certainly awaited the team in January by way of the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Divisional Round.

Although the loss most certainly stung, Williams loves where the team is headed from here.

"I think we did great this year," said Williams, via The Will P Show on SB Nation. "I think the wins that we had were good quality wins. Some didn't come easy, most of them came hard...I just think you start a goal and if you don't get it, you get somewhere that you never been before and so you just gotta go back to the drawing board and work even harder."

Alas, the Cowboys had been there before having also suffered a loss in the NFC Divisional Round to the Packers in 2014. The team had trouble stopping QB Aaron Rodgers then as well, who nailed Dallas' coffin shut with his final drive of the game that included a 35-yard completion to wide receiver Jared Cook on 3rd and 20.

Kicker Mason Crosby would do the rest.

"Playing somebody like [Aaron Rodgers], that entire game was one of the most nerve-racking game ever," Williams said. "When you have a QB like Rodgers and you give him that much time, you get to hoping that something happens because he's such a great player and we just ended up on the short end of [him] making a great play."

While Rodgers had a great game on Jan. 15, he was actually matched or outdone by the rookie Prescott in nearly every category except the one that matters the most.

And the fourth-round pick going blow-for-blow with a heavyweight like Rodgers didn't surprise Williams in the least. He lauds Prescott for how he carries himself no matter what the scoreboard says.

"Playing with Dak is always great," said Williams. "When you have a quarterback that's not always moody, by that, I mean sometimes you have a QB that's happy or sometimes he's mad or sometimes you don't even know the mood -- but, with Dak you go in the huddle and he's always calm. He's always cool, calm and collected. No matter if we're down by such amount of points or winning. Dak is just one of those guys that you tell him to do something, and he pays attention to the small things.

"And that's what makes him so great."

Williams is currently headed into free agency and it's projected his price tag will be too high for the Cowboys to retain him, but they've stated re-signing him is a top priority of theirs.

Shade thrown at Romo. Kind of a weird time to do it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I hope TWill winds up on the Chicago Bears with Romo.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I think it was towards the scrubs that played last season more than Romo...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, that's how I read it, too. The article started off with how he had a down year with the shit we had under center in 2015, then when Romo was hurt in preseason, it looked like it might happen again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it was him praising Dak more then really throwing shade on other QBs. I think the vast majority of QBs are moody. It's hard not to get down after a pick or after getting your brains beat in. I think that's normal among most QBs.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think it was him praising Dak more then really throwing shade on other QBs. I think the vast majority of QBs are moody. It's hard not to get down after a pick or after getting your brains beat in. I think that's normal among most QBs.
This makes a lot of sense.

Dak maintains an even keel better than most people out there, QB's or not.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The fact that Williams said this on the record makes me think he didn't mean it as a dig at Romo. Who knows though. It was certainly worded awkwardly.

I never got the sense that Romo is moody. He seems perpetually positive, almost to a fault.

Top Bottom