Glenn Frey of the Eagles dead at 67

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Guitarist Glenn Frey, a founding member of the legendary classic rock band the Eagles, died Monday of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia, a note on the band’s official website confirmed. He was 67.

“It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder Glenn Frey, in New York City,” the band wrote on its website. “The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery. Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.”

Frey had been sick since last year and in December the Eagles postponed their appearance at the Kennedy Center Honors due to Frey’s illness. In a statement at the time, the band said Frey “has had a recurrence of previous intestinal issues, which will require major surgery and a lengthy recovery period.” The Eagles are scheduled to be honored in the 2016 ceremony.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/18/glenn-frey-dead-dies

Not a die hard fan with all their albums but I have always liked a bunch of their music. Love them or hate them, Frey was a talented guy and evidently well respected.

Rest in peace man, take it easy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I really never thought of the Eagles as being a purely rock band. The had a country flavor in a lot of their songs and it was what made them such a performer for a wide variety of audiences.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia
Did he have AIDS? Sounds like a lot of Immune stuff.

RIP

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I really never thought of the Eagles as being a purely rock band. The had a country flavor in a lot of their songs and it was what made them such a performer for a wide variety of audiences.
Yeah they were definitely country-rock, not unlike Creedence Clearwater Revival, Alabama, Kansas, etc. Frey was a good one though, good writer, good singer with a distinct voice, good musician. They were also the background band for Linda Ronstadt for a tour after she went solo before they officially adopted the group's name. He and Henly were the background of that band so I wonder what will happen. I know his son has performed with them.

One of the reasons I'm bummed is just his passing but it also means more from the old days are closer to meeting their maker as well. Those old rockers partied hard and don't have the lifespan of a regular person. Shoot, Keith Richards looks like a walking corpse. He must have signed a deal with the devil to live as long as he has.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Did he have AIDS? Sounds like a lot of Immune stuff.

RIP
With all that stuff at one time, it was probably inevitable. Plus he had a surgical procedure recently that evidently is tough for anyone to heal from, let alone someone his age. The pneumonia was probably the final straw.

Top Bottom