Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This could be entirely wrong, but the report I heard was the Giants wanted Marrone as HC, but not at the expense of losing McAdoo. Their feeling was that they wanted to keep Eli in the same system since he only has a few good years left and this has been working for him.

The problem came when the eagles started seriously considering McAdoo. So rather than lose him to the eagles they scrapped plan A and promoted McAdoo instead.

Dumb, if true.
I like Marrone. Very good coach.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I guess we should all be thankful Jerry is keeping continuity instead of being all crazy emotional.

We now have the most experienced head coach in the division by a wide margin.
No doubt. We're well positioned to out-mediocre the rest of the division.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
"It's 1:59, the bar is closing, and the eagles went home with the ugly fat girl sitting in the corner that nobody else wanted."

:lol

Carp

DCC 4Life

Good bye Jim Tomsula...your fart was legendary.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mike Smith to be Buccaneers defensive coordinator

Posted by Josh Alper on January 15, 2016, 2:19 PM EST

Dirk Koetter spent three years as the Falcons offensive coordinator under head coach Mike Smith before moving to the Buccaneers following Smith’s departure after the 2014 season.

Koetter has been bumped up to head coach with the Bucs and now Smith will be working for him. The Buccaneers announced Friday that Smith will be the team’s defensive coordinator.

Smith was out of the NFL during the 2015 season, but surfaced to interview for the Giants head coaching job that ultimately went to Ben McAdoo. With Jim Caldwell staying put in Detroit and the Titans reportedly holding onto interim coach Mike Mularkey, there aren’t any opportunities for top jobs this year so Smith will try to help his chances of getting one in the future by improving the defense in Tampa.

The Bucs finished 10th in the league in yards allowed during the regular season, but were 26th in points allowed. Smith used a 4-3 defense in Atlanta and when he was a defensive coordinator in Jacksonville, which is the same base formation the Buccaneers have been using so there probably won’t be a change on that front.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Titans hired Mike Mularkey permanently.

It amazes me the decisions some teams make.

Do they enjoy losing?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Tenn hires Robiskie as their OC. Jesus...not a great past couple days for them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

How awkward this is.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Mariota showed so much promise his rookie year, so does Tennessee go out and try to find the best guys possible to further his growth and maximize his potebtial?

Nope.

They give him Mularkey and Robiskie.

Unreal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tenn hires Robiskie as their OC. Jesus...not a great past couple days for them.
Gee, what's not to like? A failed coordinator in Cleveland and Oakland, who is 61 years old.

Perfect guy to hire to set Mariota's career into orbit if you ask me.

The lack of creativity and cronyism these team's show with their hires is utterly astounding.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I couldn't get the sound to play. Was it what was said that was awkward? Or just the situation?
Just the way it looked. He's goofy, the hand slapping like they got a Hall of Famer. The lack of press and fanfare. Just funny.

Top Bottom