The Cowboys need to draft a quarterback -- just not at No. 4

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed.

I don't pretend to know anything about the draft because I don't watch college ball. But I look no farther than Aaron Rodgers, Steve McNair, (ugh!)Steve Young, and our very own Romo. These QBs all had the opportunity to sit and learn and are considered elite.

This team has a golden opportunity to get our QB of the future and bring him along slowly instead of ruining him by throwing him to the wolves too early.
Not to mention it really is the best way to get a high quality backup for the short term. Good QB's in free agency don't sign with teams like the Cowboys because they know they will have a chance to start somewhere else. In my opinion the best way to get a high quality backup QB is to draft someone.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Not to mention it really is the best way to get a high quality backup for the short term. Good QB's in free agency don't sign with teams like the Cowboys because they know they will have a chance to start somewhere else. In my opinion the best way to get a high quality backup QB is to draft someone.
Yet another reason to draft a QB if there's one to be had. I'm tired of having crap at backup.

Also, god forbid, if Romo gets hurt, our draft pick will gain invaluable experience.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yet another reason to draft a QB if there's one to be had. I'm tired of having crap at backup.

Also, god forbid, if Romo gets hurt, our draft pick will gain invaluable experience.
That is why taking a top prospect at 4 makes perfect sense.

Therefore, we won't do it.

dallen

Senior Tech
That would be nice if we had a 5th. We threw that pick away in the trade for Cassel.
Aren't we supposed to get a 4th round comp pick? That is like we got our 5th back so Cassel was basically free!

:tehj

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aren't we supposed to get a 4th round comp pick? That is like we got our 5th back so Cassel was basically free!

:tehj
What an absolute turd and a waste of time Cassel ended up being. I called it from the very start when we traded for him. Just such a stupid panic move.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

And in Dallas he'll get even more experience because he'll get most of the reps at Wednesday practices.

Top Bottom