Report: Chandler Jones overdosed on pills

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Chandler Jones overdosed on pills

Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2016, 8:28 PM EST

The reason for a weekend trip to the hospital by Patriots defensive lineman Chandler Jones initially wasn’t know. According to Chris Curtis, producer of WEEI’s Dennis & Callahan Show, it now is.

Curtis reports, citing unnamed police sources, that Jones overdosed on pills on Saturday night. An ambulance transported Jones to Norwood Hospital.

The pills taken by Jones aren’t known. In theory, he could be subject to NFL action if the substance has been banned by the NFL. The medical records generated by the trip to the hospital undoubtedly contained information regarding what Jones ingested.

Automatic suspension would arise only if the compound is a PED. For street drugs, an initial violation would result at worst in placement in the league’s substance-abuse program, along with enhanced testing. Multiple violations typically are required before a suspension occurs.

UPDATE 8:37 p.m. ET: The report from WEEI initially claimed that the overdose happened at teammate Rob Gronkowski’s house. That tweet has been deleted, replaced by a new one that reiterates the overdose report, but that does not say where it occurred.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
They are saying now that it was synthetic marijuana. I've said it before on this board, but that shit is dangerous. It is nothing like natural marijuana and people who use it and expect the same results can really put themselves in a bad, bad spot.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
They are saying now that it was synthetic marijuana. I've said it before on this board, but that shit is dangerous. It is nothing like natural marijuana and people who use it and expect the same results can really put themselves in a bad, bad spot.
That is an issue. The bigger problem is how these morons are using either when they know they can be tested especially in season and even a week before a playoff game.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
That is an issue. The bigger problem is how these morons are using either when they know they can be tested especially in season and even a week before a playoff game.
I have no idea about how the synthetic stuff shows up on drug tests or if the NFL has it as a banned substance. I'm guessing that, unlike real marijuana, maybe it will not cause them to fail a test and that is why they use it? Whatever the case, I think it is ill-advised to use it at any time. It is bad news, IMO.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I know in he military, initially they did not have a urinalysis that could detect Spice and other synthetic weed. Over time they had a program that would detect it...I'd have to think the NFL would use that as well.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I know in he military, initially they did not have a urinalysis that could detect Spice and other synthetic weed. Over time they had a program that would detect it...I'd have to think the NFL would use that as well.
There's likely some red tape to go through before they can just testing for new substances.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I have no idea about how the synthetic stuff shows up on drug tests or if the NFL has it as a banned substance. I'm guessing that, unlike real marijuana, maybe it will not cause them to fail a test and that is why they use it? Whatever the case, I think it is ill-advised to use it at any time. It is bad news, IMO.
Here's a nice video if you are considering smoking synthetic stuff...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2e4_1442874161&comments=1

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They can test for it. The NFL testing policy is a joke. If you aren't in the substance abuse program you can only get tested like once a year. So once you are tested you're free to do anything you want. There are also rules about when they can be tested too. It's restricted during the season.

Top Bottom