2015 Wildcard Weekend Gameday Chatter | 1/9/2016

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think Denver should win as long as they don't have turnovers and give Pitts easy points. The problem is Manning has had 2 or more INT's in most of his starts this year leading to the 2:1 INT/TD ratio and the Steeler D has been very opportunistic in forcing turnovers. But as long as PM manages the game and Denver's D plays up to expectations and doesn't let Touisannt/Todman have good games like they did in Cincy or let Bryant/Wheaton/Heyward-Bey have a career game then they should win. Minus turnovers Denver could win by double digits but I still think it'll be close and come down the the final possessions.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I know. All of it isn't his fault when you look at some of the defenses the Colts had most of those years. But he also didn't rise up in the postseason many of those times and carry the team either. He's my main concern with that game. He's 39 and clearly a shell of his former self, hasn't started in almost 2 months and when he did over the first 10 games had 9 TD's and 17 INT's. Broncos OL is also suspect and will be going up against the Steelers strength, their front 7.

It'll probably be a close game despite Pitt's injuries because of the Broncos' offense and PM. If they can keep away from turnovers and Manning just manages the game they should win. But no one runs on the Steelers and if Manning has to pass 35 or 40+ times then it's anyones game.
Manning also shit the bed in most of those games and even had horrible numbers the year he won the SB in the playoffs.

Manning is the opposite of Aikman, who would have average numbers in the regular season then shift into another gear in the playoffs, Manning has performed historically in the regular season then played like he forgot what a football was and whom he should throw it to, every time the playoffs started.

Last edited:
Top Bottom