The Cowboys need to draft a quarterback -- just not at No. 4

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I think Goff will be the first QB taken and will be gone by the 4th pick, but I take Lynch or Wentz at 4 and know within 2 years I have my starter for the next 10.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I think Goff will be the first QB taken and will be gone by the 4th pick, but I take Lynch or Wentz at 4 and know within 2 years I have my starter for the next 10.
Is Wentz really worth a #4 pick? I've heard that he was climbing but I haven't heard any word of him being a Top 5 pick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is Wentz really worth a #4 pick? I've heard that he was climbing but I haven't heard any word of him being a Top 5 pick.
Not at the moment, no, he's not considered a Top 5 guy.

At the end of it all, who knows. Phillip Rivers was a second round type in his draft and killed it to move up.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Not at the moment, no, he's not considered a Top 5 guy.

At the end of it all, who knows. Phillip Rivers was a second round type in his draft and killed it to move up.
That's very true. I'm wondering if we should trade down if we're targeting him in the 1st.

I'll be honest, I don't know enough about Wentz to give an honest opinion about him. Granted, I've heard good things about him and am interesting in seeing more about what he might be able to bring to the team if we decide to draft him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's very true. I'm wondering if we should trade down if we're targeting him in the 1st.

I'll be honest, I don't know enough about Wentz to give an honest opinion about him. Granted, I've heard good things about him and am interesting in seeing more about what he might be able to bring to the team if we decide to draft him.
Start here.

http://draftbreakdown.com/?s=carson+wentz

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm wondering if we should trade down if we're targeting him in the 1st.
Either he's looked at as a franchise QB or he isn't. If the scouts and coaches decide he's good enough to draft in the first, don't get cute trying to trade down and take the chance of losing him. If you decide that he's the one, take him at #4 and don't look back. QB is too important a position to screw around.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Either he's looked at as a franchise QB or he isn't. If the scouts and coaches decide he's good enough to draft in the first, don't get cute trying to trade down and take the chance of losing him. If you decide that he's the one, take him at #4 and don't look back. QB is too important a position to screw around.
This is exactly what I'm thinking... does this kid look like he could lock down the position for us for 10+ years (even if he does not start for a year or two)? If the answer is yes... it does not matter where we draft him, as long as we get him.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I totally agree with that logic. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how a retard, err.. I mean Jerruh, would think and the excuses for him not drafting him at 4.

shane

DCC 4Life
The way I see it - as long as they don't draft a DB, I'll be happy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's my position as well. If he fits the ticket why quibble over a few pundit rating numbers.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
When has this board ever liked DBs early in the draft? I can't remember any since we thought Roy Williams would be a monster. I could think of worse picks than Ramsey at 4. Imagine having two ultra athletic safety/CB hybrids that can essentially cover anyone lined up on the field. With Ramsey, you might even add another slash: S/CB/LB. Ramsey could be a more athletic Darren Woodson. Nothing wrong with that at 4.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
When has this board ever liked DBs early in the draft? I can't remember any since we thought Roy Williams would be a monster. I could think of worse picks than Ramsey at 4. Imagine having two ultra athletic safety/CB hybrids that can essentially cover anyone lined up on the field. With Ramsey, you might even add another slash: S/CB/LB. Ramsey could be a more athletic Darren Woodson. Nothing wrong with that at 4.
I'm kind of okay with Ramsey at 4 as well. Honestly, there isn't a guy at 4 I don't like. I think it is more important to hit our homerun at 34 since our 2nd round draft picks aren't always too good.

At 4 any of these guys is fine. Bosa, Tunsil, Goff, Lynch, Ramsey, Jack

I don't see us taking a DT at 4 but even there im okay with it. Not happy, but ok. Just no Hargraeves and pretty much im good.

radkowboy

Brand New Member
What about Wentz at 34?

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
forgot to mention Wentz. If he does well at the Senior Bowl I am happy as a pig in shit to get him at 4 too. Or trade down a few picks and I'd be ecstatic

Top Bottom