Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Another interesting thing to note is that if Payton becomes available next year and we want to go after him we shouldn't have much competition.

Teams with 1st or 2nd year coaches in 2016 and are basically safe: Eagles, Giants, Bears, Lions presumably, Bucs, Falcons, 49ers, Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Browns, Titans, Raiders, Broncos

Then you know the Patriots, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Ravens, Chiefs, Panthers and probably the Redskins won't fire their coaches. Baltimore is the only realistic possibility there and I'd be happy to take Harbaugh if he were fired.

That leaves the Chargers, Jaguars, Texans, Bengals, Rams and Colts left as potential challengers for Payton, with the Chargers and Colts probably being the only real threats.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's actually a good point too. Kelly keeps saying accuracy is more important to him than mobility. That's not Kaepernick.
Maybe so, but I can't see them trading several premium picks for a QB with one of the worst rosters in the league, if they take a QB I'd expect them to just sit at 7 and see if Lynch or Wentz are there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The eagles look like such a mess right now. It seems their top 3 choices each spurned them.

So now, they have Duece Staley, Pat Shurmur, or Doug Pederson left out of the guys they've talked to. Everyone seems to think they'll just turn to Pederson now, but you have to think if they liked him enough they'd already have moved on him.

They also supposedly showed "interest" in Guenther and Austin. So they could interview those guys and see if they like either of them. But they seem to prefer an offensive guy since that's all they've interviewed so far.

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled a 180 and looked at Mike Shanahan, Brian Billick, or even Gruden.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The eagles look like such a mess right now. It seems their top 3 choices each spurned them.

So now, they have Duece Staley, Pat Shurmur, or Doug Pederson left out of the guys they've talked to. Everyone seems to think they'll just turn to Pederson now, but you have to think if they liked him enough they'd already have moved on him.

They also supposedly showed "interest" in Guenther and Austin. So they could interview those guys and see if they like either of them. But they seem to prefer an offensive guy since that's all they've interviewed so far.

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled a 180 and looked at Mike Shanahan, Brian Billick, or even Gruden.
I would welcome them going after any of those 3.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Another interesting thing to note is that if Payton becomes available next year and we want to go after him we shouldn't have much competition.

Teams with 1st or 2nd year coaches in 2016 and are basically safe: Eagles, Giants, Bears, Lions presumably, Bucs, Falcons, 49ers, Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Browns, Titans, Raiders, Broncos

Then you know the Patriots, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Ravens, Chiefs, Panthers and probably the Redskins won't fire their coaches. Baltimore is the only realistic possibility there and I'd be happy to take Harbaugh if he were fired.

That leaves the Chargers, Jaguars, Texans, Bengals, Rams and Colts left as potential challengers for Payton, with the Chargers and Colts probably being the only real threats.
Chargers gave McCoy an extension and the GM claims he isn't a lame duck coach. 2 years for him in San Diego but I guess we will see.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do you want to keep this kinda inside info coming onto our board? If so, my source will have to remain anonymous.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sure he is not joking with you? You know how they love their jokes.
Dude, if my source reads this he will never text me again. He is very serious about his job.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Jerry's gonna have a wealth of young QBs at his disposal.

Top Bottom