Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
McAdoo?

Really?

You get rid of the HC just to hire the OC with 2 years of experience coordinating an average offense that literally can not operate without Beckham?

And seemingly keep the rest of the staff in place at that?

Yea, if Romo stays somewhat healthy the division will be a cakewalk next year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
McAdoo?

Really?

You get rid of the HC just to hire the OC with 2 years of experience coordinating an average offense that literally can not operate without Beckham?

And seemingly keep the rest of the staff in place at that?

Yea, if Romo stays somewhat healthy the division will be a cakewalk next year.
Sounds like a suck up move for Manning. Manning-friendly, I guess.

This shocks me a bit. You would think that the Giants job would be primo, with people lining up.

But then again, Jerry Reese is still the GM, so I guess that deterred some, I dunno.

All in all, unless he's the next Andy Reid and the Maras figured it out, I have to shake my head at this one.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Should be interesting.

I don't always think that great players make great coaches.
I've seen amazing players turn out to be douche idiot coaches.

Just because you were big and could run fast doesn't mean that you can get other players to be awesome.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
I've seen amazing players turn out to be douche idiot coaches.

Just because you were big and could run fast doesn't mean that you can get other players to be awesome.
i still think michael irvin could turn the U back into a #1 program

dallen

Senior Tech
Firing Coughlin to promote his OC is just a weird move

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
An OC with no HC experience either.....

I hope it turns out as good as our stupid mistake.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
At least Garrett was the interim HC for half a season and had some level of success which one could argue warranted the full time job.

Getting rid of an HC, conducting a search and then settling for the OC you had on staff is embarrassing. At least the Bucs made a proactive decision to get rid of Smith so they could explicitly keep Koetter (the wisdom of which is debatable but still), but the Giants come off as a team that wanted to move on from Coughlin, conducted a search and ended up back where they started basically.

Oh, and it sounds like the Eagles are hot for Coughlin and that something may get done today or tomorrow, which would be truly comical.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think quite a few coaches would be interested to be the Giants coach, promoting McAdoo is a big mistake. That franchise is one that I think would have pull to get about anyone they wanted. Cowher was linked to them for a long time and Payton was too.

Looks like they are bringing Philben in to be the OC too. Which should be interesting to see who is calling plays.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This could be entirely wrong, but the report I heard was the Giants wanted Marrone as HC, but not at the expense of losing McAdoo. Their feeling was that they wanted to keep Eli in the same system since he only has a few good years left and this has been working for him.

The problem came when the eagles started seriously considering McAdoo. So rather than lose him to the eagles they scrapped plan A and promoted McAdoo instead.

Dumb, if true.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You mean, the same thing Jerry did with Garrett?

EDIT: Timestamped like 3 times

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
49ers to choose between Chip Kelly and Shanahan in next day or so per Schefter.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So Tennessee has shown no interest in reuniting Kelly with Mariota?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You mean, the same thing Jerry did with Garrett?

EDIT: Timestamped like 3 times
I think there is a pattern in all three (four, if Mularkey stays in Tennessee) that is the comfort level of the franchise QB. Eli's finally comfortable with his OC and they don't want to mess that up. Garrett has always sucked up to Romo and has Romo on his side. TB doesn't want to retard Winston's progress at this point in his development. And if Mularkey is retained I'd bet the Titans feel the same way regarding keeping Mariota comfortable in the offense he flashed some potential in.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Coughlin pulled out of the Eagles search.

Top Bottom