2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't know about kook but Ron Paul had some pretty drastic policy positions, like going back to the gold standard and becoming completely isolationist.

Bernie wants to to radical things but I don't think they are on those levels.
Ron Paul never advocated true isolationism, that would include cutting off trade and diplomatic relations (1800s Japan, North Korea today, etc) and Ron Paul is a big fan of free trade and diplomacy. He just opposes military intervention outside the US.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So once Kasich is out of the race in the next month, if Bernie somehow won the nomination you wouldn't vote for him?
What does this question have to do with anything?

Will you vote for Trump if he wins the nomination?

But to answer the question yes I probably would but I would not be in any great hurry to get to the polls.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ron Paul never advocated true isolationism, that would include cutting off trade and diplomatic relations (1800s Japan, North Korea today, etc) and Ron Paul is a big fan of free trade and diplomacy. He just opposes military intervention outside the US.
Not that up on his exact position but no military intervention is pretty radical.

Not that I would not welcome a severe cutback in that.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Ok I'll take this on as if I were strictly a Republican:

We don't hate Hillary, we hate her politics.
We don't hate Muslims, we hate Muslim extremist terrorists that want to kill us and those that support them.
We don't hate Blacks, we want the same thing for them as we do for our own families.
We don't hate Blacks voting, only stupid black votes such as "I voted for Obama because he was black!"
Same applies to Hispanics as blacks.
We don't hate LGBT, We just don't agree with them. There is no such thing as marriage equality.
We Don't hate Government, We hate big, overbearing government that wants to involve itself in every aspect of life. Yeah, that includes marriage.
The rich would love to pay their fair share of taxes. Wouldn't we all!
We are the ones that actually do care about vets, show them respect and don't treat them like criminals in their own country. That applies to active duty as well.
We love healthcare, just not the destruction that Obamacare is and will continue to bring to it.
We are the ones that believe in actual science, not the twisted religion of a science the Democrats change every 5 year to accommodate their latest cause.
For education, see what I wrote about government.
We don't hate clean air, we hate destroying industries and killing jobs to carry out an agenda that could be accomplished by other means.
We don't hate the poor, we want to actually help build them up rather than keep them poor and on the teat of big government.
We may actually kind of hate social security, but since it's there we just want it to actually be sound.
We don't hate Medicare, we just hate what it's being turned into. Obama hates it more since he stole from it.
We kinda do dislike unions too.
You posted this crap so who really hates the facts?
Yes, most of us do hate the right to choose. Your ilk boggle me because you don't believe in capital punishment for someone that did something heinous, but killing an innocent unborn is A OK in your twisted brain.
We don't hate equal pay and do your research because overall most women get it. A officer in my department gets the same pay regardless of sex.
Women are glorious gifts from God that most of us marry and put up on pedestals. Not so much with your candidate and her family huh?

The idiocy of someone who wrote this and posted it because they believe it. Geez

We don't hate Hillary, we hate her politics. Yes you do, her politics on most issues aren't much different than republicans, specifically in the realm of business taxes, Wall St/Banking, Big Business and military interventionism, ect.
We don't hate Muslims, we hate Muslim extremist terrorists that want to kill us and those that support them.Your leaders suggest otherwise
We don't hate Blacks, we want the same thing for them as we do for our own families.
We don't hate Blacks voting, only stupid black votes such as "I voted for Obama because he was black!"Again your leaders suggest otherwise, like in Alabama, requiring a valid id, then closing all ID offices in predominantly black areas.
Same applies to Hispanics as blacks.Your leaders, you all really need to get new leaders then
We don't hate LGBT, We just don't agree with them. There is no such thing as marriage equality. BS, disagree with what? It is none of your damn business. If marriage is a right, then all citizens should be afforded the same rights.
We Don't hate Government, We hate big, overbearing government that wants to involve itself in every aspect of life. Yeah, that includes marriage. You only hate government that intfers when it isn't pushing your belief system on to others, i.e. abortion, death penalty, marriage equality, patriot act, etc.
The rich would love to pay their fair share of taxes. Wouldn't we all! Yeah and trickle down economics works, you are being naive or willfully ignorant
We are the ones that actually do care about vets, show them respect and don't treat them like criminals in their own country. That applies to active duty as well.Bullshit! Republicans in Cogress lead the fight against supporting veterans benefits. If you can't pay to take care of them when they come home, and that means everything from medical issues, to job placement, then you shouldn't be sending them to war. Everyone one of your leaders and Hillary, wants to get us into more war.
We love healthcare, just not the destruction that Obamacare is and will continue to bring to it. We pay the highest healthcare costs in the entire world, because we have unfettered capatilism, and lobbying from Pharmaceuticals and Insurance companies. The Affordable Healthcare Act was a start, but we need universal health care, and the right for Medicaid to negotiate drug prices
We are the ones that believe in actual science, not the twisted religion of a science the Democrats change every 5 year to accommodate their latest cause. Do you believe in Global warming? If your answer is anything but yes you are a lair
For education, see what I wrote about government.What you said about government doesn't event make sense or apply here.
We don't hate clean air, we hate destroying industries and killing jobs to carry out an agenda that could be accomplished by other means. What other means, I am all ears. Open to new and different ideas.
We don't hate the poor, we want to actually help build them up rather than keep them poor and on the teat of big government. Oh really? Raise the minimum wage, quit fighting education and law reforms. Quit trying to give Billionaires tax breaks, while cutting food programs for children. Quit with the lie that all people on Welfare are lazy and don't work, because it isn't even close to the truth.
We may actually kind of hate social security, but since it's there we just want it to actually be sound. Raise the cap on taxable income. It's solvent for decades
We don't hate Medicare, we just hate what it's being turned into. Obama hates it more since he stole from it. Medicare for all
We kinda do dislike unions too.You're a cop, aren't you in a union? You mean you hate the reforms to labor laws that unions brought about, a living wage, overtime, child labor, etc. If you hate the leadership of some unions, ok I get that. Switch your focus to that, but since Reagan's war on Unions, propagated by Dem and Republicans alike, the middle class in this country is disappearing, wages are stagnant. Trad deals by both parties have also killed this countries economy. If you want to look at why businesses move out look out on our BS trade deals, including TPP
Yes, most of us do hate the right to choose. Your ilk boggle me because you don't believe in capital punishment for someone that did something heinous, but killing an innocent unborn is A OK in your twisted brain.Another example of you hating science. I am not a Choice Nazi. I abhor abortion, but if it is before a baby is viable outside of the womb, a mother's life is in danger, or in cases or rape or incest, it is between the woman and her doctor, and it isn't your business. How does this work with your I don't want government to be overbearing. If you are pro life, you should be pro life in every aspect or you are a hypocrite in my view. Including eliminating the death penalty, feeding hungry children, making sure the have the proper medical care and shelter.
We don't hate equal pay and do your research because overall most women get it. A officer in my department gets the same pay regardless of sex. look it up you are wrong
Women are glorious gifts from God that most of us marry and put up on pedestals. Not so much with your candidate and her family huh?How about treating them as a partner

2233boys

Not So New Member
Dean is Hillary schill and he is just a rotating talking head, I don't know why he would carry so much weight.

Chris Mathews talks about Bernie all the time all of their prime time shows talk about Bernie and have given him airtime.

Morning Joe loves Bernie and that's the highest-rated program on the network.

I am a centrist I believe both sides have their strengths and weaknesses, I am tired of gov gridlock so I think Kasich could get things done while not swinging wildly to the right.

I don't think Hillary would be a terrible president but I could see massive gridlock again if she went into office.
Chris Matthews detests Bernie Sanders dismisses him every chance he gets. Most of all them all do, if you don't see that, you aren't watching closely. Ed Rendall, and Dean are put up like experts, forcing the National Narrative, if you don't think that has weight, you are mistaken.

Kasich is almost as conservative as the rest, specifically about the Defense department, Business/Corporate taxes, his taxing policy in general, Health Care, Military Interventionism.

Hillary said Republicans are her enemies, nothing would get done with her as president. She is a one termer. Then the Presidency would be controlled by a conservative nutbag like Cruz for the next 8 years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Chris Matthews detests Bernie Sanders dismisses him every chance he gets. Most of all them all do, if you don't see that, you aren't watching closely. Ed Rendall, and Dean are put up like experts, forcing the National Narrative, if you don't think that has weight, you are mistaken.

Kasich is almost as conservative as the rest, specifically about the Defense department, Business/Corporate taxes, his taxing policy in general, Health Care, Military Interventionism.

Hillary said Republicans are her enemies, nothing would get done with her as president. She is a one termer. Then the Presidency would be controlled by a conservative nutbag like Cruz for the next 8 years.
I don't see the dismissiveness and it's not like Mathews loves Hillary, he has been very critical about the email stuff.

I have no issue with Kasich being conservative, I just don't want the next president to be hellbent on trying to undue evrything that has happened in the last 8 years to prove a point.

Yes there are things that need fixing but I don't believe a total transformation is needed I think he would be pragmatic.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I don't see the dismissiveness and it's not like Mathews loves Hillary, he has been very critical about the email stuff.

I have no issue with Kasich being conservative, I just don't want the next president to be hellbent on trying to undue evrything that has happened in the last 8 years to prove a point.

Yes there are things that need fixing but I don't believe a total transformation is needed I think he would be pragmatic.
Chris Matthews loves Hillary Clinton, the love is palpable.

I do agree with that view on Kasich, he is the least nutty of the Republican field.

I'd like to meet a Carson supporter, and ask them why.

I've meet Trump supporters they are all about his racists BS. Certainly isn't substantive, he has yet to say anything substantive when it comes to policy.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Check out what he said, before and after Bernie left the stage after that debate. Check out what he says on a nightly basis. Check out the promo's NBC uses when posting pictures of the candidates, you'll get the idea.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Check out what he said, before and after Bernie left the stage after that debate. Check out what he says on a nightly basis. Check out the promo's NBC uses when posting pictures of the candidates, you'll get the idea.
Ok.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Chris Matthews loves Hillary Clinton, the love is palpable.

I do agree with that view on Kasich, he is the least nutty of the Republican field.

I'd like to meet a Carson supporter, and ask them why.

I've meet Trump supporters they are all about his racists BS. Certainly isn't substantive, he has yet to say anything substantive when it comes to policy.
Are all of Trump's supporters in the Northeast? I've yet to meet a single one in Texas.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I know a lot of conservatives, and they are all about Rubio and Cruz. Not that that's wonderful, but still.
Here it's Trump it's embarrassing. I haven't heard anyone speak about anyone else. It makes me sick to my stomach. It's Pennsyltucky what did I expect

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
We don't hate Hillary, we hate her politics. Yes you do, her politics on most issues aren't much different than republicans, specifically in the realm of business taxes, Wall St/Banking, Big Business and military interventionism, ect.
We don't hate Muslims, we hate Muslim extremist terrorists that want to kill us and those that support them.Your leaders suggest otherwise
We don't hate Blacks voting, only stupid black votes such as "I voted for Obama because he was black!"Again your leaders suggest otherwise, like in Alabama, requiring a valid id, then closing all ID offices in predominantly black areas.
Same applies to Hispanics as blacks.Your leaders, you all really need to get new leaders then
We don't hate LGBT, We just don't agree with them. There is no such thing as marriage equality. BS, disagree with what? It is none of your damn business. If marriage is a right, then all citizens should be afforded the same rights.
We Don't hate Government, We hate big, overbearing government that wants to involve itself in every aspect of life. Yeah, that includes marriage. You only hate government that intfers when it isn't pushing your belief system on to others, i.e. abortion, death penalty, marriage equality, patriot act, etc.
The rich would love to pay their fair share of taxes. Wouldn't we all! Yeah and trickle down economics works, you are being naive or willfully ignorant
We are the ones that actually do care about vets, show them respect and don't treat them like criminals in their own country. That applies to active duty as well.Bullshit! Republicans in Cogress lead the fight against supporting veterans benefits. If you can't pay to take care of them when they come home, and that means everything from medical issues, to job placement, then you shouldn't be sending them to war. Everyone one of your leaders and Hillary, wants to get us into more war.
We love healthcare, just not the destruction that Obamacare is and will continue to bring to it. We pay the highest healthcare costs in the entire world, because we have unfettered capatilism, and lobbying from Pharmaceuticals and Insurance companies. The Affordable Healthcare Act was a start, but we need universal health care, and the right for Medicaid to negotiate drug prices
We are the ones that believe in actual science, not the twisted religion of a science the Democrats change every 5 year to accommodate their latest cause. Do you believe in Global warming? If your answer is anything but yes you are a lair
For education, see what I wrote about government.What you said about government doesn't event make sense or apply here.
We don't hate clean air, we hate destroying industries and killing jobs to carry out an agenda that could be accomplished by other means. What other means, I am all ears. Open to new and different ideas.
We don't hate the poor, we want to actually help build them up rather than keep them poor and on the teat of big government. Oh really? Raise the minimum wage, quit fighting education and law reforms. Quit trying to give Billionaires tax breaks, while cutting food programs for children. Quit with the lie that all people on Welfare are lazy and don't work, because it isn't even close to the truth.
We may actually kind of hate social security, but since it's there we just want it to actually be sound. Raise the cap on taxable income. It's solvent for decades
We don't hate Medicare, we just hate what it's being turned into. Obama hates it more since he stole from it. Medicare for all
We kinda do dislike unions too.You're a cop, aren't you in a union? You mean you hate the reforms to labor laws that unions brought about, a living wage, overtime, child labor, etc. If you hate the leadership of some unions, ok I get that. Switch your focus to that, but since Reagan's war on Unions, propagated by Dem and Republicans alike, the middle class in this country is disappearing, wages are stagnant. Trad deals by both parties have also killed this countries economy. If you want to look at why businesses move out look out on our BS trade deals, including TPP
Yes, most of us do hate the right to choose. Your ilk boggle me because you don't believe in capital punishment for someone that did something heinous, but killing an innocent unborn is A OK in your twisted brain.Another example of you hating science. I am not a Choice Nazi. I abhor abortion, but if it is before a baby is viable outside of the womb, a mother's life is in danger, or in cases or rape or incest, it is between the woman and her doctor, and it isn't your business. How does this work with your I don't want government to be overbearing. If you are pro life, you should be pro life in every aspect or you are a hypocrite in my view. Including eliminating the death penalty, feeding hungry children, making sure the have the proper medical care and shelter.
We don't hate equal pay and do your research because overall most women get it. A officer in my department gets the same pay regardless of sex. look it up you are wrong
Women are glorious gifts from God that most of us marry and put up on pedestals. Not so much with your candidate and her family huh?How about treating them as a partner
Not a single thing you posted here applies to me or those I know. Are there people whom this applies to sure, in every party and political realm. But the over generalization of Bipo's posted meme is the BS. I stand by the things I wrote. You and Bipo obviously believe otherwise about it but I bet my post is more representative than the meme. More than half of those things apply far more to the left and dems that R so where does that leave us? You'll vote for Hillary or Bernie and the country will continue to lose ground both economically and politically if one of them is elected. The results of their politics is obvious since we've had it the last 7 plus years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom