Report: Cowboys DBs coach Jerome Henderson to join Dolphins coaching staff

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Cowboys DBs coach Jerome Henderson to join Dolphins coaching staff

By Jon Machota , Staff Writer Contact Jon Machota on Twitter: @jonmachota

Jerome Henderson will no longer be coaching the Dallas Cowboys defensive backs.

According to FOXSports.com, Henderson will be joining the Miami Dolphins' staff.

Henderson, who spent four seasons with the Cowboys, was coaching in the final year of his contract. He interviewed for the Cleveland Browns' head-coaching job on Friday.

Henderson was hired as the Cowboys' secondary coach in January 2012. He previously worked as the secondary coach in Cleveland for three years. He also spent time with the New York Jets after an eight-year playing career.

The Cowboys ranked fifth in passing defense in 2015, holding opponents to 227 yards per game. But Dallas finished second-to-last in interceptions with eight, and only five of those were recorded by defensive backs.
-------------

Good.

Now get a damn DB coach in here that knows the Tampa 2.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Per Josina Anderson, he has "elected to stay".

:cry

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Eh. Don't really care either way. Garrett will be here at least another year. He can be swept out the door whenever Garrett and the rest is.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I really hope when we have our next coaching change they wash out the entire staff, no leftovers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerome Henderson likely staying with Cowboys

3:22 PM ET
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- With the Cleveland Browns hiring Hue Jackson as their new head coach Wednesday, Jerome Henderson is likely to remain as the Dallas Cowboys' secondary coach.

Henderson interviewed for the Browns job and, short of landing a defensive coordinator job elsewhere, he is expected to return to Dallas for a fifth season, according to a source.

Henderson is one of six assistant coaches with expiring deals later this winter, along with safeties coach Joe Baker, defensive ends coach Ben Bloom, offensive assistants Marc Colombo and Kevin Carberry, and defensive assistant Turner West.

The Cowboys had discussions with former Dolphins interim head coach Dan Campbell about joining Jason Garrett’s staff, but Campbell is expected to become the tight ends coach/assistant head coach of the Saints. Rich Bisaccia carries the assistant head coach title for the Cowboys.

The coaches are off this week but will coach the North squad at the upcoming Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama.
--------------

My God.

We are bringing back every significant member of the coaching staff for a 4-12 team.

Yes, it is really fucking happening.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think the bigger bit of news I got from this is the Browns interviewed him for the HC job? They must not know Hue Jackson is black.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think the bigger bit of news I got from this is the Browns interviewed him for the HC job? They must not know Hue Jackson is black.
Maybe they are buying extra credit for next time on the Rooney Rule?

Only explanation I have.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
How did Jackson going to Cleveland negate Henderson going to the Dolphins?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
~va~

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
January 19, 2016 3:24 PM

Cowboys secondary coach Jerome Henderson interviewing to be the Jacksonville Jaguars defensive coordinator

By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

chill@star-telegram.com

A source confirmed that Cowboys secondary coach Jerome Henderson is interviewing today to become the defensive coordinator of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Al Breer of the NFL Network first reported the interview.

Henderson is in the final year of his contract with the Cowboys and has been in talks with about returning to the team. He has said that he would only considering leaving the Cowboys for a vertical move like defensive coordinator or head coach.

Henderson interviewed earlier for the Cleveland Browns head coaching job. They eventually picked Hue Jackson.

Henderson, who has been with the Cowboys since 2012, directed a Cowboys secondary that helped the defense finish fifth in the league against the pass in 2015.

His departure would be a blow to a Cowboys secondary that might losing two of its top three cornerbacks. Brandon Carr could be a casualty of the salary cap. Morris Claiborne needs a fresh start and is expected to leave via free agency.
-------------

Okay, how about this time.

Please?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And take Garrett with him.

Top Bottom