Religion thread...

townsend

Banned
Is this more 'religion' generalization or do you think Christians are violent towards women?
More of a generalization. since obviously Islam is likely the worst perpetrator, but Christians (particularly anti abortion activists) have a lot of violence against women to answer to as well.

That doesn't mean Religious=Violent to women, in fact my previous post was sort of meant to point out the opposite. People can get just as blood thirsty defending "ethics in gaming journalism" as they can for a religious cause. Religion is a mask for human nature, so much so that it becomes notorious for things that directly contradict its written law.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
More of a generalization. since obviously Islam is likely the worst perpetrator, but Christians (particularly anti abortion activists) have a lot of violence against women to answer to as well.

That doesn't mean Religious=Violent to women, in fact my previous post was sort of meant to point out the opposite. People can get just as blood thirsty defending "ethics in gaming journalism" as they can for a religious cause. Religion is a mask for human nature, so much so that it becomes notorious for things that directly contradict its written law.
How are pro-lifers violent towards women? It's amazing how the left has concocted this notion of 'war on women' simply for opposing abortion and so many have bought into that and construed it as violence.

townsend

Banned
How are pro-lifers violent towards women? It's amazing how the left has concocted this notion of 'war on women' simply for opposing abortion and so many have bought into that and construed it as violence.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence
According to statistics gathered by the National Abortion Federation (NAF), an organization of abortion providers, since 1977 in the United States and Canada, there have been 17 attempted murders, 383 death threats, 153 incidents of assault or battery, 13 wounded,[12] 100 butyric acid attacks, 373 physical invasions, 41 bombings, 655 anthrax threats,[13] and 3 kidnappings committed against abortion providers.[I 6] Between 1997 and 1990 77 death threats were made with 250 made between 1991 to 1999 .[12] Attempted murders in the U.S. included:[I 1][I 7][I 8] IN 1985 45% of clinics reported bomb threats, decreasing to 15% in 2000. One fifth of clinics in 2000 experienced some form of extreme activity. [14]

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't even consider Joel Osteen a pastor. He's just more of a positive, motivational, prosperity speaker. Just tells people what they want to hear to make them feel good while invoking the name of God.

townsend

Banned
I don't even consider Joel Osteen a pastor. He's just more of a positive, motivational, prosperity speaker. Just tells people what they want to hear to make them feel good while invoking the name of God.
Yeah, it's Tony Robbin's old schlock. I don't mind it though. My parents go to his church every once in a while and enjoy themselves. There's a lot worse you can have behind the pulpit than a motivational speaker.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We gonna have the Joel Osteen debate again? It almost tore me and [MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] apart the first time.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That's sorta how I view it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He's a crook.
Ah, I don't know, man. He's selling hope, entertainment and feel-good moments. Sounds like any other motivational speaker or type of entertainment. He's the Hallmark channel of TV preachers.

I don't think he even takes money from his church. Only through his books.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's a crook.
He is only a crook because he gets.followers.

It is just natural selection. A century ago, stupid people were buying snake oil from people just like him.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He is only a crook because he gets.followers.

It is just natural selection. A century ago, stupid people were buying snake oil from people just like him.
Almost all TV preachers disgust me but I don't have a problem with Joel. I'm not a fan or follower but he's fine with me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You folks really make me puzzled. I am not aligned with him but the people that are choose to be. He isn't bamboozling anyone. If the people support him financially then what is that to anyone. There's no fraud , or otherwise scheming going on. No one has any basis to disagree with his methods or practices. Now you can disagree with his message but that's a different matter.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
You folks really make me puzzled. I am not aligned with him but the people that are choose to be. He isn't bamboozling anyone. If the people support him financially then what is that to anyone. There's no fraud , or otherwise scheming going on. No one has any basis to disagree with his methods or practices. Now you can disagree with his message but that's a different matter.
I just think we should move this topic to the Motivational thread...

Top Bottom