Must See Movies

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good way to describe it. It was a nice departure and had a very good cast. Eager to see what the writer/director does in future films.
Just saw the preview, I think I'll be borrowing my sister's Amazon Prime account tonight.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just saw the preview, I think I'll be borrowing my sister's Amazon Prime account tonight.
Definitely one of the more entertaining movies I have seen recently. Not that it was slam bam, but just executed well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Russell is money now...he was even great in Death Proof.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
He really has a good chance to remain relevant in his later years the same way Clint has, by playing an old, grizzled version of himself.

D

Deuce

Now? He kind of disappeared from the scene for a while, but I don't ever remember him not being money.

Hell, I even liked Capt Ron. There, I said it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Now? He kind of disappeared from the scene for a while, but I don't ever remember him not being money.

Hell, I even liked Capt Ron. There, I said it.
When he was making shit like Poseidon, Escape from LA, Sky High, and Fast and Furious 7...he appeared to be circling the toilet bowl. I have a hard time even thinking about Escape from LA because Escape From NY was an alltimer for me.

dallen

Senior Tech
Bone Tomahawk was a top 10 movie for me in 2015. Glad you guys enjoyed it

dallen

Senior Tech
When he was making shit like Poseidon, Escape from LA, Sky High, and Fast and Furious 7...he appeared to be circling the toilet bowl. I have a hard time even thinking about Escape from LA because Escape From NY was an alltimer for me.
He's made a few bad movies, but he's always fun to watch. Soldier is a good example. He makes that movie.

D

Deuce

Poseidon was pretty bad, but not necessarily because of him. FF7 is good, but not because of him. He's a bit part. I haven't seen Escape from LA.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Poseidon was pretty bad, but not necessarily because of him. FF7 is good, but not because of him. He's a bit part. I haven't seen Escape from LA.
I have not watched a FF movie...just no interest in Vin Diesel walking around in slow motion.

He was excellent as Stuntman Mike in Death Proof. Escape from LA was just a huge turd. I did like Dark Blue, but he bottomed out with Executive Decision...co-starring Steven Seagal.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...The Thing is another alltimer for me. I can re-watch that over and over.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't remember Escape from LA. being terrible but it's been a long time since I watched it.

I think it was more campy but in a good way.

The cast has a lot great names and I will always remember this fantastic scene.:lol

D

Deuce

I don't remember Escape from LA. being terrible but it's been a long time since I watched it.

I think it was more campy but in a good way.

The cast has a lot great names and I will always remember this fantastic scene.:lol

Holy shit, this movie is a must see now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The official shortlist to play a young Han Solo in Disney's prequel Star Wars film includes: • Miles Teller

• Ansel Elgort
• Dave Franco
• Jack Reynor
• Scott Eastwood
• Logan Lerman
• Emory Cohen
• Blake Jenner

​Variety reports that Non-Disclosure agreements and test deals are currently being hammered out and that Kathleen Kennedy and directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller will be making a final decision in the coming weeks. Shooting on the film does not commence until January 2017. The site adds that the casting process is happening relatively early because the actor cast to play a young Han Solo could appear in Star Wars: Episode VIII or Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan previously stated that the film would be set 10 years earlier than A New Hope.

The untitled Han Solo spin-off is expected to arrives in theaters on May 25, 2018.

dallen

Senior Tech
I think I'd prefer an unknown, but Dave Franco is interesting

Jiggyfly

Banned
Holy shit, this movie is a must see now.
Take a look at this cast list.

Kurt Russell
Stacy Keach
Steve Buscemi
Peter Fonda
Cliff Robertson
Bruce Campbell
Valeria Golino
Pam Grier
AJ Langer
Michelle Forbes
Jeff Imada

Makes me want to rewatch myself.

D

Deuce

The official shortlist to play a young Han Solo in Disney's prequel Star Wars film includes: • Miles Teller

• Ansel Elgort
• Dave Franco
• Jack Reynor
• Scott Eastwood
• Logan Lerman
• Emory Cohen
• Blake Jenner

​Variety reports that Non-Disclosure agreements and test deals are currently being hammered out and that Kathleen Kennedy and directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller will be making a final decision in the coming weeks. Shooting on the film does not commence until January 2017. The site adds that the casting process is happening relatively early because the actor cast to play a young Han Solo could appear in Star Wars: Episode VIII or Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan previously stated that the film would be set 10 years earlier than A New Hope.

The untitled Han Solo spin-off is expected to arrives in theaters on May 25, 2018.
That's a shitty list. I like Teller but he's no Solo. Maybe Lerman or Franco but feh to the rest.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've never heard of a single one of those guys. Then again, I'm pretty out of touch.

dallen

Senior Tech
I've never heard of a single one of those guys. Then again, I'm pretty out of touch.
Dave Franco is James Franco's little brother. I think he's mostly just had supporting roles in comedies. If you saw Neighbors or the 21 Jump Street reboot you'd probably recognize him. He's got that mix of scoundrel\charisma that whoever they cast will need though.

This is Anthony Ingruber though. I have to admit, he's is pretty convincing

Top Bottom