Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Exactly how Jones thinks. If he signs RG3, in his mind he's got THE elite talent from 2012 draft in both him and Claiborne.
I don't think this is accurate. He clearly stated that he and the rest of the front office did not do a very good job with the back up QB position. Does he chase big names? Sometimes...but we benefitted from that when we brought in McClain and Hardy.

I very seriously doubt he would trumpet Claiborne and RGIII in the fashion you mentioned.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPN is reporting that the Browns have told Hue Jackson that they are fine with moving on from Manziel if Hue wants to.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
Please little baby Jesus, let Johnny be a great QB for at least a few months.

Cotton

Staff member
Well I would think we'd benefit from having a great QB on our roster.
I agree. At pick #4 we potentially have a shot at one.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'll just leave this here...

Report: Robert Griffin III wants to sign with Cowboys if cut by Redskins

BY SI WIRE
Posted: Wed Jan. 6, 2016 8:00AM

Report: Robert Griffin III wants to sign with Cowboys if cut by Redskins
Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is interested in signing with the Dallas Cowboys if he is cut by the Redskins this off-season, reports Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports.

Following nearly three seasons as the Redskins starting quarterback, Griffin did not appear in a game for Washington this year after he was replaced as the starter by Kirk Cousins during the preseason.*

Robinson’s sources have said Griffin has Dallas “atop [his] preferred destinations,” and that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones would be interested in signing the 25-year-old quarterback. In 2014, Jones told the NFL Network he was “a fan of RG3.”*

In three NFL seasons, Griffin has started 35 games and completed 63.9% of his passes for 8,097 yards.

Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel also reportedly would like to sign with the Cowboys, and is considered likely to depart from Cleveland this off-season.

- Erin Flynn

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

townsend

Banned
If we sign RG3 it signals to me that we don't believe that there are any franchise QBs in the draft, so we want to secure the top pick for next year.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'd much prefer RG3 to the drunk.

He would have been miles better than any of our backups this year. He's still young. Maybe a couple of years behind Romo would do him some good? Take over at 27-28 if he matures as a person and a player. Not impossible.

townsend

Banned
I'd much prefer RG3 to the drunk.

He would have been miles better than any of our backups this year. He's still young. Maybe a couple of years behind Romo would do him some good? Take over at 27-28 if he matures as a person and a player. Not impossible.
His stats don't look as bad as I remember them. I think durability is my primary concern. Romo with RG3 as backup might end with Kellen Moore starting at QB again at the end of the year.

Top Bottom