Super Bowl LI Gameday Chatter | Patriots v. Falcons | 2/5/17

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Brady is clearly a racist with all of his passes to white people.

data

Forbes #1
Second Falcons drive to end on a 3rd and short shotgun spread. Both times ryan sacked.

Dan Quinn is copying the gameplan for Coach of the Year.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Second Falcons drive to end on a 3rd and short shotgun spread. Both times ryan sacked.

Dan Quinn is copying the gameplan for Coach of the Year.
Data's influence is now being felt across the league.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That pretty much goes down as the most boring 1st Q in SB history.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Atlanta would run like we scream for Dallas to run, this game is a lot different.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If Atlanta would run like we scream for Dallas to run, this game is a lot different.
I said all along that we would've run all over New England had we faced them, and this game is only reaffirming that belief.

But chances are the game would've turned on an empty shotgun INT or fumble called at the New England 13 yard line on 1st and 10 with a chance to build a 10 point lead.

:mad

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
2nd and 1 and they run it? What is Atlanta thinking?

Don't they know empty backfield passing is the way to go in that scenario?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
From a shotgun though...
Which I don't have a problem with if you mix it up, especially since we do so much out of the shotgun.

What pisses me off and what I'll never understand is when we either go empty set on 1st and 10, 2nd and 1, 3rd and 2, etc., when we've established a dominant running attack in a game, or when we try to run primarily out of the shotgun for a game instead of establishing a physical running game from under center.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Atlanta has established a running game so they come out and run 2 pass plays from under center, not the empty set, and they both work for big gains.

Weird how that works, eh?

New England has to respect the formation and the RB that is in the backfield due to how Atlanta is lined up. THAT is how you're supposed to attack a team when you have a good running game.

I would hope that red pube droid coach could learn from this game, but who am I kidding?

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Three straight defensive holding calls in 3rd down incompletions. Nice to be NE

Top Bottom