2015 Wildcard Weekend Gameday Chatter | 1/9/2016

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The whole league is held hostage on how the position is played.

Maybe I just remember things differently as a kid, but I never recall bad QBing having this significant of an impact.

I kind of long for when it was about getting your RB and getting that QB who could make plays. Not the other way around.
Well, you can look as recently as the 90's and find examples of teams that didn't have top notch QBs but were still able to put together good seasons and deep playoff runs.

The 94 Chargers getting to the SB with Stan Humphries.

The 95 Steelers getting to the SB with Neil O'Donnell.

The 95 Colts making a deep run behind Jim Harbaugh.

Nowadays, it's very rare to see a team make those types of runs without the help of a talented QB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Terrible misstep by the Vikes there. Wasted a TO, but more importantly should have made Seattle use a TO. It just took getting to the line faster.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Seattle's entire strategy is that the NFL won't call pass interference every time.
That's basically the Patriot's strategy in reverse.

Call a hundred pick plays because they're not going to flag them all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just setting it up for Russell Wilson's triumph.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Just setting it up for Russell Wilson's triumph.
I don't know if he'll have enough time.

Assuming the Vikes don't pull a Cowboys/Garrett and completely botch the clock, they're going to leave Seattle with roughly 30 seconds and no timeouts.

I don't think that's enough time to drive 50 yards.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, you can look as recently as the 90's and find examples of teams that didn't have top notch QBs but were still able to put together good seasons and deep playoff runs.

The 94 Chargers getting to the SB with Stan Humphries.

The 95 Steelers getting to the SB with Neil O'Donnell.

The 95 Colts making a deep run behind Jim Harbaugh.

Nowadays, it's very rare to see a team make those types of runs without the help of a talented QB.
It's like you are intentionally ignoring Trent Dilfer winning a superbowl. Of course that was one of the greatest defenses of all time. It's hard to play defense that well with the way the NFL officiates games now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Shit, it wasn't even 30 seconds. After the FG, it's going to be right around 20 seconds.

dallen

Senior Tech
Dumb to play for the field goal in this situation, imo

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's like you are intentionally ignoring Trent Dilfer winning a superbowl. Of course that was one of the greatest defenses of all time. It's hard to play defense that well with the way the NFL officiates games now.
I didn't mention that because that's one of those rare exceptions to the rule.

They got there with Dilfer because they fielded one of the greatest defenses the league has ever seen.

Cotton

Staff member
He missed it. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Bad hold. Wow.

Top Bottom