Where is Romo Going? Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That is absolutely leverage, no team will trade you a pick for a guy who will retire. I won't resign can be franchised, there's no countermove to I retire. Romo can because he already had his 2 big contracts, Collins is aiming for his first... When all you can offer is lots of money or none at all who do yopui have more leverage against, the guy who has made 0ver 120 million or the guy who has 4...?

I know Jerry would never do it but it'd be a smart play to free up our cap by trading Romo somewhere he would retire rather than play for

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is absolutely leverage, no team will trade you a pick for a guy who will retire. I won't resign can be franchised, there's no countermove to I retire. Romo can because he already had his 2 big contracts, Collins is aiming for his first... When all you can offer is lots of money or none at all who do yopui have more leverage against, the guy who has made 0ver 120 million or the guy who has 4...?
Except Romo won't retire. We all know it. So it's not leverage at all. Empty threats are just that, empty. And any player can retire at any time. We see guys retiring in the NFL before they even get a big pay day for health reasons. So no, Romo doesn't somehow have better "retirement" leverage then other NFL players. I actually think it's ridiculous to even think so.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
We're not going to get a pick for Romo. Forget it. The few teams that he would agree to play for will just wait us out, and I figure just shrug if they are not the ones to get him.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Except Romo won't retire. We all know it. So it's not leverage at all. Empty threats are just that, empty. And any player can retire at any time. We see guys retiring in the NFL before they even get a big pay day for health reasons. So no, Romo doesn't somehow have better "retirement" leverage then other NFL players. I actually think it's ridiculous to even think so.
So you think it's the same decision for a twenty-something kid who is looking for his first big contract to retire than for a 36 year old with multiple back surgeries who has made well over 100 million dollars...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We're not going to get a pick for Romo. Forget it. The few teams that he would agree to play for will just wait us out, and I figure just shrug if they are not the ones to get him.
Romo will play next year and I believe some team will divy up something for him albiet a contingency deal.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Romo will play next year and I believe some team will divy up something for him albiet a contingency deal.
I agree with this, he'll get traded to a team he ok's for mostly conditional picks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just wish we were in a position to command something firm and in this draft. I would pack his shit up for him and load the car if a third this year was offered.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you think it's the same decision for a twenty-something kid who is looking for his first big contract to retire than for a 36 year old with multiple back surgeries who has made well over 100 million dollars...
I do, because if you don't have a passion to play you don't have a passion to play. IF you have the passion, you're not going to just retire. But since you think NFL players are motivated to avoid retirement strictly because of money, imagine Romo has almost 60 mil left on his contract to earn. More then Collins entire "big" contract for example.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then trade him to one of the teams he doesn't want to play for and let him retire. Because he won't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Then trade him to one of the teams he doesn't want to play for and let him retire. Because he won't.
Wait, is this one of those Romo will go where we damn well tell him to go things?

That is not reality.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait, is this one of those Romo will go where we damn well tell him to go things?

That is not reality.
I know, because you think Jerry's nose is stuck up Romo's butt hole. Which it is but ultimately I don't think Jerry makes this decision.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know, because you think Jerry's nose is stuck up Romo's butt hole. Which it is but ultimately I don't think Jerry makes this decision.
:lol

Who in the organization isn't stuck up Romo's ass? Where is this hidden power broker that is going to do what is best for the franchise and send him packing to the highest bidder regardless of what he wants?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Who in the organization isn't stuck up Romo's ass? Where is this hidden power broker that is going to do what is best for the franchise and send him packing to the highest bidder regardless of what he wants?
Doesn't take a power broker. Just someone who cares about winning football games.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Doesn't take a power broker. Just someone who cares about winning football games.
Who is that guy? From what I see nobody gives a shit as long as they are relevant and making money.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Coaches, scouts, Will McClay, Stephen Jones...
You can strike Stephen Jones from that. And that leaves Garrett, McClay and scouts making that call to dump Romo wherever? Like I said before, not reality.

Top Bottom