Where is Romo Going? Thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
A potential glut of QB's on the open market (Kaepernick, Cutler, Taylor, Glennon, Garoppolo, Smith) could also hamper his value.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
A potential glut of QB's on the open market (Kaepernick, Cutler, Taylor, Glennon, Garoppolo, Smith) could also hamper his value.
Sucks, mediocre, mediocre, sucks, question mark, sucks.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Sucks, mediocre, mediocre, sucks, question mark, sucks.
Gee, good thing I didn't add Fitzpatrick to the list. I can envision a few teams signing one of these younger, healthier guys for free as opposed to forfeiting a 2nd or 3rd for Romo.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Gee, good thing I didn't add Fitzpatrick to the list. I can envision a few teams signing one of these younger, healthier guys for free as opposed to forfeiting a 2nd or 3rd for Romo.
Sure, they can sign one of those guys for free instead of ponying up for Romo. And continue to suck right along with them.

There's a reason good QBs can't be signed for free.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, they can sign one of those guys for free instead of ponying up for Romo. And continue to suck right along with them.

There's a reason good QBs can't be signed for free.
I love how he brought up Fitzpatrick like it was the nail in the coughin for his argument. Shit might as well add Mark Sanchez to that list.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, he isn't going to retire. Romo isn't that dumb and he wants to continue playing too badly to do that. And yeah I think for 14 mil + Romo will play where ever he goes.

Does anyone think the Patriots asked Jamie Collins if he wants to play for the Cleveland Browns before trading him there?
Yeah the trading of a LB in his prime who is heading into FA is totally the same as tradind a QB in the twilight of his career.:dunce

Collins has complete control of his destiny the 2 situations are nothing alike.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah the trading of a LB in his prime who is heading into FA is totally the same as tradind a QB in the twilight of his career.:dunce

Collins has complete control of his destiny the 2 situations are nothing alike.
Yeah, which means the Browns had zero leverage and still traded for him. You just made my argument better. Romo has zero leverage.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mike Holmgren -

On how other teams are looking at Tony Romo this offseason:

"I'd go after him hard. I would. Tony played his first game against me. I remember talking to Bill Parcells after the game saying, 'Hey, he's pretty good. How'd you find him?' ... But if I thought that I could get to the Super Bowl with him, I'd do it. Life is short. Your coaching career is very short at times and you don't get that chance very often. Now, you have to be willing and your owner has to be on board with you. He's older and he's had some injury but if he can be healthy and play, he can get us there. I love Tony. We'd talk a lot after football games. He loved (Brett) Favre, too. I'd go, 'Don't emulate everything he does.'"

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, which means the Browns had zero leverage and still traded for him. You just made my argument better. Romo has zero leverage.
What?

All the Browns have to do is pay the most money for a LB in his prime and he most likely stays, still nothing alike.

Are you actually trying to make the claim Romo would just go anywhere willingly and everything would be fine?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What?

All the Browns have to do is pay the most money for a LB in his prime and he most likely stays, still nothing alike.

Are you actually trying to make the claim Romo would just go anywhere willingly and everything would be fine?
If he didn't want to stay with the Browns he could have signed elsewhere this offseason. The Browns had little ability to restrict that. Which means, yeah he had all the leverage. Collins could have told the Browns "Don't trade for me because I won't resign there."

Romo on the other hand has zero leverage. He has 3 years left on his deal. If he wants to continue playing football he will have to continue where ever the Cowboys trade him. Thus he has no leverage and no ability to really force the Cowboys to trade him where he wants.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
If he didn't want to stay with the Browns he could have signed elsewhere this offseason. The Browns had little ability to restrict that. Which means, yeah he had all the leverage. Collins could have told the Browns "Don't trade for me because I won't resign there."

Romo on the other hand has zero leverage. He has 3 years left on his deal. If he wants to continue playing football he will have to continue where ever the Cowboys trade him. Thus he has no leverage and no ability to really force the Cowboys to trade him where he wants.
Romo can retire... more leverage than I won't resign...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Romo can retire... more leverage than I won't resign...
That's not leverage. That Romo losing a bunch of money. It's also leverage for us to the point of his contract falling off the books and dropping tons of money off of our cap.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
That's not leverage. That Romo losing a bunch of money. It's also leverage for us to the point of his contract falling off the books and dropping tons of money off of our cap.
That is absolutely leverage, no team will trade you a pick for a guy who will retire. I won't resign can be franchised, there's no countermove to I retire. Romo can because he already had his 2 big contracts, Collins is aiming for his first... When all you can offer is lots of money or none at all who do yopui have more leverage against, the guy who has made 0ver 120 million or the guy who has 4...?

Top Bottom