2016 Senior Bowl Stuff...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Braxton Miller is a pet cat of mine I think he will convert well to WR at the next level.

He would most be served playing for an imaginative coach but I think he will turn into very good WR.
We can't even figure out how to utilize Dez correctly much less how to use him. I guess we could let him sit a year until Garrett is out.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Braxton Miller didn't have great results at WR his first year playing it, which is understandable. All I needed to see was the spin move he put on a poor Virginia Tech lineman to know hes the type of guy you want to try to develop. I'd definitely be interested

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Braxton Miller didn't have great results at WR his first year playing it, which is understandable. All I needed to see was the spin move he put on a poor Virginia Tech lineman to know hes the type of guy you want to try to develop. I'd definitely be interested

Yeah, I think there is real potential with him as a pure WR.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Me too.

I would take him in the middle rounds for sure.

Former QBs that have his kind of athleticism playing WR can work out.

Hines Ward was a good example.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I like Kenneth Dixon. I prefer him over someone like Booker who is 24. Don't want a RB that old entering the league who will be 28 at the end of his rookie contract. Also Braxton Miller in the middle rounds. Lots of good talent on day 2 and early on day 3.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Kenneth Dixon. I prefer him over someone like Booker who is 24. Don't want a RB that old entering the league who will be 28 at the end of his rookie contract. Also Braxton Miller in the middle rounds. Lots of good talent on day 2 and early on day 3.
I don't care about a slightly older RB. To me you draft a RB knowing his contract is probably one and done. Basically use them for the 4 years and then move on.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Miller will not make it to the end of the 4th round and I doubt he makes it to the bottom of the 3rd.

dallen

Senior Tech
Sign Manziel, draft Miller. Boom! QB problem solved

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Miller will not make it to the end of the 4th round and I doubt he makes it to the bottom of the 3rd.
I definitely don't like Miller 3rd round enough. I like him in the fourth round possibly though. He has the athletic ability to be a legit NFL receiver in my opinion and he has great hands. But he will also need some work which is why I wouldn't go higher. A fourth round pick on him would be very Steelers like though.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I definitely don't like Miller 3rd round enough. I like him in the fourth round possibly though. He has the athletic ability to be a legit NFL receiver in my opinion and he has great hands. But he will also need some work which is why I wouldn't go higher. A fourth round pick on him would be very Steelers like though.
I agree. I don't see Braxton Miller being able to step in as a #2/#3 receiver on day 1 and for that reason alone I do not draft him before the 4th round. We need help now to free up Dez and Terrance Williams is just way too hit or miss. With Witten getting older, we need another receiver that can stretch the defense in the next 2-3 years for Romo.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd take Miller in the third. He's the type of athlete who could become a true star. And as an athlete, he's done it at the highest level. Give me that over a more "pro ready" WR who has far less upside anytime. All you get with those guys is a little better Devin Street.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't care about a slightly older RB. To me you draft a RB knowing his contract is probably one and done. Basically use them for the 4 years and then move on.
In this case it may not be a big deal since he'll probably be a 3rd -4th round pick. But I would prefer a player who isn't 28 when his rookie contract ends.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I'd take Miller in the third. He's the type of athlete who could become a true star. And as an athlete, he's done it at the highest level. Give me that over a more "pro ready" WR who has far less upside anytime. All you get with those guys is a little better Devin Street.
listen I get it, I just don't agree with you. I think with Tony Romo only having a couple years left we could benefit a lot more from a Leonte Carroo (i'm a homer), Josh Doctson, Michael Thomas or Will Fuller - if they are around for round 4.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In this case it may not be a big deal since he'll probably be a 3rd -4th round pick. But I would prefer a player who isn't 28 when his rookie contract ends.
Most other positions I absolutely agree. RB is the one position where I don't care. Which is also why I have a hard time taking a RB in the first or second round.

Top Bottom