One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Him leaving the Bills was just such an odd situation. He seemed to have them going in the right direction and then he was just gone. I actually thought he was doing a pretty solid job there.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Apparently Chip Kelly interviewed with the 49ers after reaching out to them, that would be a move with sneaky implications on our 1st rounder. If they hire Kelly I think that completely takes them out of the trade up for a QB conversation.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Apparently Chip Kelly interviewed with the 49ers after reaching out to them, that would be a move with sneaky implications on our 1st rounder. If they hire Kelly I think that completely takes them out of the trade up for a QB conversation.
How so? What do you think they'd do about the QB situation?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, Kaepernick. If Lynch were to drop to 7 I could see them taking him since he would be a pretty good fit in that system but I can't see them trading several premium picks on top of number 7 for a QB when they have a guy who is basically tailor made for what Kelly wants to do.

Not that I think that means they'd have great success or anything, just that Kelly would be happy to roll with a guy like Kaepernick as opposed to trading away a boatload of picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, Kaepernick. If Lynch were to drop to 7 I could see them taking him since he would be a pretty good fit in that system but I can't see them trading several premium picks on top of number 7 for a QB when they have a guy who is basically tailor made for what Kelly wants to do.

Not that I think that means they'd have great success or anything, just that Kelly would be happy to roll with a guy like Kaepernick as opposed to trading away a boatload of picks.
That's similar to what Kaep ran in college and he is a perfect fit for the system. It would probably be the best shot he has at reviving his career.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Browns announce Jerome Henderson interview, more expected over the weekend

Posted by Josh Alper on January 8, 2016, 5:28 PM EST

CLEVELAND, OH - JANUARY 3: Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam looks on prior to the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at FirstEnergy Stadium on January 3,
The first three men to interview with the Browns for their head coaching vacancy this week were Doug Marrone, Adam Gase and Teryl Austin, all of whom have been on the lists of other teams looking for head coaches.

Friday brought a name that hasn’t been popping up all over the league. The Browns announced that they interviewed Cowboys defensive backs coach Jerome Henderson, who joined Austin on the Fritz Pollard Alliance’s list of minority candidates they are recommending to teams but hasn’t generated the same kind of interest from teams.

Henderson was the defensive backs coach in Cleveland from 2009 to 2011 before moving to Dallas, but there have been several coaching and front office changes for the Browns so institutional memory may not be much of a selling point. Per the Browns, Henderson interviewed with owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam, executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown, chief strategy officer Paul DePodesta and consultant Jed Hughes.

The Browns are expected to interview Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott and Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson over the weekend. There have been reports that Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther is also on tap for an interview, but Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports nothing has been scheduled at this point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Browns announce Jerome Henderson interview, more expected over the weekend

Posted by Josh Alper on January 8, 2016, 5:28 PM EST

CLEVELAND, OH - JANUARY 3: Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam looks on prior to the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at FirstEnergy Stadium on January 3,
The first three men to interview with the Browns for their head coaching vacancy this week were Doug Marrone, Adam Gase and Teryl Austin, all of whom have been on the lists of other teams looking for head coaches.

Friday brought a name that hasn’t been popping up all over the league. The Browns announced that they interviewed Cowboys defensive backs coach Jerome Henderson, who joined Austin on the Fritz Pollard Alliance’s list of minority candidates they are recommending to teams but hasn’t generated the same kind of interest from teams.

Henderson was the defensive backs coach in Cleveland from 2009 to 2011 before moving to Dallas, but there have been several coaching and front office changes for the Browns so institutional memory may not be much of a selling point. Per the Browns, Henderson interviewed with owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam, executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown, chief strategy officer Paul DePodesta and consultant Jed Hughes.

The Browns are expected to interview Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott and Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson over the weekend. There have been reports that Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther is also on tap for an interview, but Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports nothing has been scheduled at this point.
Henderson is a token Rooney interview.

But I hope he is out of contract and we let him go. He sucks. Sorry.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That is actually what looks like to be a decent hire. Former scout, progressed gradually through the Patriot organization.

The only thing I wonder how much of his job Belichick did.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Henderson is a token Rooney interview.

But I hope he is out of contract and we let him go. He sucks. Sorry.
Probably, but if they are really bringing in Hue Jackson they are kind of going for brownie points.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
~takes shot~
You think Henderson has been a good DB coach?

Oh yeah. This is one of those tough things you do, like you really are above giving a shit.

Top Bottom