Must See Movies

dallen

Senior Tech
You might be right, but I actually think the opposite. I think the hint when he killed Han was him asking for help, but actually meaning help to extinguish the light rather than turning to the light. I think that struggle he had earlier is over now that he killed his father. It's hard to ignore the "sun dying / son dying simultaneously" metaphor.

I also think with the wounds he sustained in the end fights we're going to see him become more and more machine.

I think they are setting Kylo Ren up to be a huge evil badass in the next one.
Probably. I just think it would be interesting to watch him have to deal with murdering his father if he repents. How would Leia and Luke react?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Kylo Ren has done more evil now than Darth Vader ever really did. Vader was tricked into being a Sith because he was going to learn from Darth Plaguis how to cheat death. Ren just seems drawn to being bad. Snoke could certainly sense a positive force presence, which turned out to be Rey. He pretty much set up Ren to get beatdown...now he is humbled and will enthusiastically complete his training...and make him even worse.

D

Deuce

Kylo Ren has done more evil now than Darth Vader ever really did. Vader was tricked into being a Sith because he was going to learn from Darth Plaguis how to cheat death. Ren just seems drawn to being bad. Snoke could certainly sense a positive force presence, which turned out to be Rey. He pretty much set up Ren to get beatdown...now he is humbled and will enthusiastically complete his training...and make him even worse.
Youre giving Vader too much of a pass. He slaughtered all the Jedi younglings during order 66. How much more unforgivable can you get?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Youre giving Vader too much of a pass. He slaughtered all the Jedi younglings during order 66. How much more unforgivable can you get?
He was led down that path by Darth Sidious. Kylo Ren just said...fuck it...I'm bad...Imma kill my dad.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He was led down that path by Darth Sidious. Kylo Ren just said...fuck it...I'm bad...Imma kill my dad.

But we don't know what led Kylo Ren down that path, do we? It could have been a similar situation to Vader (not the mother dying part of course).

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Not sure about that, I think you are forgetting the massacre at the end of Revenge, he does pretty much just slaughter all the Jedi kids among others, and he does think he killed his expecting wife...

Bloody spoiler timestamped...

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
I saw someone started a fan petition to bring back George Lucas for Episode IX. It is a stupid idea, but it got me thinking... I wonder if Lucas has a non-compete clause with Disney. Like, could he just decide to make a new space opera movie and not call it Star Wars? The guy has lots of weird ideas. If he didn't try to tie them into an existing saga maybe they'd turn out well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I saw some of his ideas for this trilogy...I am glad Disney bought him out.

D

Deuce

Bone Tomahawk is on Amazon Prime. Watch it.
Ya, I brought this up a while back. Some disturbing stuff in it, but worth checking out.

I'm in the middle of watching Spotlight right now. Amazing cast and well made despite being a topic that I wouldn't typically want to watch a movie about.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Watched Creed finally. Very good flick. Audience cheered before the movie was over. Very engaging.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That was a weird movie...good, but weird.
Good way to describe it. It was a nice departure and had a very good cast. Eager to see what the writer/director does in future films.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Bone Tomahawk is on Amazon Prime. Watch it.
I have almost rented it on Amazon several times. Glad I waited. I will have to wait until wife and baby are asleep.

I watched The Gift the other night. Kind of slow-paced, but it reminds me of those '90s domestic thrillers. Pretty good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have almost rented it on Amazon several times. Glad I waited. I will have to wait until wife and baby are asleep.

I watched The Gift the other night. Kind of slow-paced, but it reminds me of those '90s domestic thrillers. Pretty good.
Yeah, there is some brutal shit that unless you expected it was rough.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Yeah, there is some brutal shit that unless you expected it was rough.
I went to watch what I thought was the trailer a couple months ago with my daughter in the room, and it turned out to be the first few minutes of the movie, with a guy getting his head smashed in. Woops.

Top Bottom