Music Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They were easily my favorite band from the 90s. It's unfortunate that jackass couldn't stay clean.
Yep. It's crazy when someone in his 40s dies and few people are actually surprised. Layne Staley was the same way. Both made great music but couldn't overcome their demons. It's a shame.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep. It's crazy when someone in his 40s dies and few people are actually surprised. Layne Staley was the same way. Both made great music but couldn't overcome their demons. It's a shame.
AIC was probably my second favorite from that era. Their unplugged album was the best album ever put out, IMO. As you said, just a shame.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
AIC was probably my second favorite from that era. Their unplugged album was the best album ever put out, IMO. As you said, just a shame.
I love that unplugged album. STP's unplugged version of Plush is pretty great too.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

This is a friend of mine & fellow EIU Panther who I've known a long time. Lives here in Austin & works tirelessly trying to make a living solely from his music. Has had a dirty rock and roll band called Chili Cold Blood but recently plays more country leaning stuff like this as The Good Neighbors (also plays local metal sets with same band but under name The Bad Neighbors). I know he is a big Waylon Jennings fan and it kind of comes out in this song, IMO.

csb

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

This is a friend of mine & fellow EIU Panther who I've known a long time. Lives here in Austin & works tirelessly trying to make a living solely from his music. Has had a dirty rock and roll band called Chili Cold Blood but recently plays more country leaning stuff like this as The Good Neighbors (also plays local metal sets with same band but under name The Bad Neighbors). I know he is a big Waylon Jennings fan and it kind of comes out in this song, IMO.

csb
I listened to the first number. It was good guitar work but the mix hid the vocal. The ax was the dominate sound. It covered up everything else including the percussion. I would like to have heard more of the vocal. I really couldn't tell what the song was about but it is a good dance number. It could grow on you. I think a change up for the arrangement would make it more commercial. Technically the performance is good but as is it's more of an instrumental hook than a vocal performance. Tell him to keep up the good work.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
God, and another legend dies. Jesus H.

Carl

RIP Brother
This week is the 50th anniversary of Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence. Think about that, 50 years. Only LT and Booze are older.

I didn't bother to link a particular song.

Carl

RIP Brother
Thanks for posting this. One of my most favorite musical artists. Bit of a melancholy day.

Top Bottom