2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
See what? A good team? Sure. But they didn't dominate. Hell, they didn't even win their division.

Did you catch their bowl game by chance? That was legitimate. And unlike your miracle season they seem to have a solid base that can be built upon. They aren't dependent on an elite QB or smoke a mirrors. They have a realy chance IMO.

I'd say that the needle is pointing at the very least even or maybe up.

D

Deuce

Did you catch their bowl game by chance? That was legitimate. And unlike your miracle season they seem to have a solid base that can be built upon. They aren't dependent on an elite QB or smoke a mirrors. They have a realy chance IMO.

I'd say that the needle is pointing at the very least even or maybe up.
Ya, I caught their bowl game. They played one of the more overrated teams in the country that depended completely on a running game that did nothing. Sean Maguire scares nobody. They lost to the only good team on their schedule and added another loss to a bad Georgia Tech team. The rest of their schedule was about as easy as the AAC.

Now, Houston gets some of the credit for stopping Cook. But I don't see them trending in any direction. They've always had good teams, but for all the talent they get and the scheme they run they've never flat out dominated their conference. They didn't go on some run of championships in CUSA and they won't in the AAC either. They've got a grand total of 3 conference championships going back 20 years. That team you mentioned with one "miracle season" has 4 in the last 8 years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'll believe it when I see it. They didn't dominate when they had the uber awesome Sumlin/Keenum combo and my guess is their coach is long gone before Allen ever suits up.
I was wondering about that as well, I can't see that coach sticking around long and Allen is not that great of a fit either.

Yes he is somewhat athletic but he is not a great threat as a runner.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ya, I caught their bowl game. They played one of the more overrated teams in the country that depended completely on a running game that did nothing. Sean Maguire scares nobody. They lost to the only good team on their schedule and added another loss to a bad Georgia Tech team. The rest of their schedule was about as easy as the AAC.

Now, Houston gets some of the credit for stopping Cook. But I don't see them trending in any direction. They've always had good teams, but for all the talent they get and the scheme they run they've never flat out dominated their conference. They didn't go on some run of championships in CUSA and they won't in the AAC either. They've got a grand total of 3 conference championships going back 20 years. That team you mentioned with one "miracle season" has 4 in the last 8 years.
You know the conference better than I do. I'm looking at a team that looks to be trending up in a lot of ways.

Dismissing their FSU win seems pretty petty though. That is the same thing you said about the Baylor team that you beat as well. Does that make your miracle season overrated as well?

D

Deuce

You know the conference better than I do. I'm looking at a team that looks to be trending up in a lot of ways.

Dismissing their FSU win seems pretty petty though. That is the same thing you said about the Baylor team that you beat as well. Does that make your miracle season overrated as well?
I said Baylor was overrated at the time as well. No defense to speak of. They were exposed many times that season but was always able to outscore people. Once they ran into a team with speed and talent on D, they started to get stopped a few times.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I said Baylor was overrated at the time as well. No defense to speak of. They were exposed many times that season but was always able to outscore people. Once they ran into a team with speed and talent on D, they started to get stopped a few times.
So when UCF does it it is because they have speed and talent on D. When Houston does it we should dismiss it due to FSU being overrated?

You're tainting your own season. And you also are in denial about a few things. Seek therapy, bro.

D

Deuce

So when UCF does it it is because they have speed and talent on D. When Houston does it we should dismiss it due to FSU being overrated?

You're tainting your own season. And you also are in denial about a few things. Seek therapy, bro.
Did you not see where I said both were overrated? I really shouldn't have to give you cliff's notes on a total of 3 posts I've made, but maybe you'll understand it easier.

I gave you the speed and talent on D example as to why an overrated Baylor team lost. For Houston, I mentioned that they were able to shut down FSU's run game, which is all they had all season. Both UCF and Houston were/are good teams. But to say Houston will dominate their conference for years to come simply cause they had 1 great season is foolish. Looking at their history and the fact that their coach )who doesn't even want to be returning to them this year) will bolt after next season, they will come back to the pack in short order.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Did you not see where I said both were overrated? I really shouldn't have to give you cliff's notes on a total of 3 posts I've made, but maybe you'll understand it easier.

I gave you the speed and talent on D example as to why an overrated Baylor team lost. For Houston, I mentioned that they were able to shut down FSU's run game, which is all they had all season. Both UCF and Houston were/are good teams. But to say Houston will dominate their conference for years to come simply cause they had 1 great season is foolish. Looking at their history and the fact that their coach )who doesn't even want to be returning to them this year) will bolt after next season, they will come back to the pack in short order.
I prefer that you use the term Kliff notes.

It's all good, man. I just thought that Houston looks poised to make some noise and keep things rolling. If I sprinkled in too much hype for you I apologize.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If you guys don't win some thing with he talent and assistants you might as well quit football.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If you guys don't win some thing with he talent and assistants you might as well quit football.
TCU mod at 247 had been saying it was Meacham has changed his tune and saying he backed out now :sad Looks like we're going to have to settle for Mazzone.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
TCU mod at 247 had been saying it was Meacham has changed his tune and saying he backed out now :sad Looks like we're going to have to settle for Mazzone.
I'm telling you, Patterson has some sort of voodoo power over his assistants.

Cumbie turned down 1 million per from Texas and stayed at TCU. Wow

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm telling you, Patterson has some sort of voodoo power over his assistants.

Cumbie turned down 1 million per from Texas and stayed at TCU. Wow
He must have, number I heard we offered for Meacham was 1.2mil

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone has taken the equivalent job at Texas A&M, according to sources.

His son, UCLA quarterbacks coach Taylor Mazzone, is thought to be going with him.

Mazzone has been UCLA's offensive coordinator for the last four years under head coach Jim Mora. UCLA's offense under Mazzone's guidance -- a spread attack -- has been relatively successful, putting up good yardage stats, but his play-calling has consistently been questioned.

It's believed that running backs coach Kennedy Polamalu will be a candidate for the offensive coordinator position, and current USC and former UCLA coach Marques Tuiasosopo will be a candidate for the QB coaching job, along with potentially a co-offensive coordinator role.

[MENTION=141]jsmith6919[/MENTION]

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone has taken the equivalent job at Texas A&M, according to sources.

His son, UCLA quarterbacks coach Taylor Mazzone, is thought to be going with him.

Mazzone has been UCLA's offensive coordinator for the last four years under head coach Jim Mora. UCLA's offense under Mazzone's guidance -- a spread attack -- has been relatively successful, putting up good yardage stats, but his play-calling has consistently been questioned.

It's believed that running backs coach Kennedy Polamalu will be a candidate for the offensive coordinator position, and current USC and former UCLA coach Marques Tuiasosopo will be a candidate for the QB coaching job, along with potentially a co-offensive coordinator role.

[MENTION=141]jsmith6919[/MENTION]
Yea would have preferred Meacham but least Spav is gone. I heard a rumor he may head yalls direction, he is great at recruiting and I don't see Kliff giving up playcalling so you should be safe if it happens

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yea would have preferred Meacham but least Spav is gone. I heard a rumor he may head yalls direction, he is great at recruiting and I don't see Kliff giving up playcalling so you should be safe if it happens
Yeah, I'm not worried about Spav coming to Tech if he does. Kliff will never ever give up playcalling or gameplanning for the offense.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, I'm not worried about Spav coming to Tech if he does. Kliff will never ever give up playcalling or gameplanning for the offense.
Might be the best thing for him, get to watch KK for awhile and hopefully develop some feel for the game.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Clancy Pedergast is returning to USC as the Trojans' defensive coordinator.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Mazzone just seems like a very average choice WTH is the identity of the aTm offense? it feels like it is a sinking ship. Meacham had no confidence that this was a longterm deal IMO.

Who would have dreamed that two offensive assistants would turn down lucrative deals from UT and aTm? What weird world do we live in?

As much as it pains me to say this i need aTm and UT to become powerhouses again. aTm isnt far away from it. we need TCU and Baylor to return to their rightful places. I dont like this power shift at all

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Mazzone just seems like a very average choice WTH is the identity of the aTm offense? it feels like it is a sinking ship. Meacham had no confidence that this was a longterm deal IMO.

Who would have dreamed that two offensive assistants would turn down lucrative deals from UT and aTm? What weird world do we live in?

As much as it pains me to say this i need aTm and UT to become powerhouses again. aTm isnt far away from it. we need TCU and Baylor to return to their rightful places. I dont like this power shift at all
Wash your mouth out with soap. No world needs that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom