Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess you missed Jerry's interview talking about risk/reward and then stopping short due to 'tampering' issues.

“On the other hand, what would enhance me taking risk is a bigger upside. And if that upside is there, that old risk-reward situation, then, yeah. This is as far as we’re going to go here now with this because I don’t want to get involved in any type of tampering situation. We’d take some risks.”

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

“On the other hand, what would enhance me taking risk is a bigger upside. And if that upside is there, that old risk-reward situation, then, yeah. This is as far as we’re going to go here now with this because I don’t want to get involved in any type of tampering situation. We’d take some risks.”
Yep. Jerry is all about risk/reward even if the risks far outweigh the reward. And now that it looks like we'll have a 4th and three 6th round comp. picks I'm sure Jerry won't have a problem throwing a pick or two Cleveland's way for the drunken hype-machine. He's a wildcatter and stuff.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'd bet we'll be the only team willing to part with a draft pick for a third rate Joe Namath.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You must have missed Jerry gushing about RGKnee after the Thanksgiving game.
I guess I did but then again Jerry gushes all the time about something. I will believe he is serious when he sends his Jet after one of them. That's his MO.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess I did but then again Jerry gushes all the time about something. I will believe he is serious when he sends his Jet after one of them. That's his MO.
One or the other becomes available, he's all over them. Pretty much guaranteed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep. Jerry is all about risk/reward even if the risks far outweigh the reward. And now that it looks like we'll have a 4th and three 6th round comp. picks I'm sure Jerry won't have a problem throwing a pick or two Cleveland's way for the drunken hype-machine. He's a wildcatter and stuff.
In his mind the risk does not outweigh the reward since part of the reward in his mind is more merchandise sales revenue.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In his mind the risk does not outweigh the reward since part of the reward in his mind is more merchandise sales revenue.
Both get jerseys sold. The yokels will eat that shit up.

They can't move comp picks

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't know if he is just all about the money and makes certain decisions just for the marketing aspect. Or if he really is the epitome of 'joe fan' and drools over the prospects of Manziel or RGIII backing up Romo for a year or two and then taking over as starter and leading us to a Super Bowl.

It's probably both. He'll do anything to make a few more bucks. And he probably is dumb enough to think one of them is a star in the making and just needs the guidance of Garrett to clap them to success.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

They can't move comp picks
I know. The point was with the added picks Jerry probably won't have a problem trading away one of our other picks for him since we have these additional 'free' picks to make up for it.

Probably also a reason we had no problem giving away picks for Cassell, Christine and Brice. No sense in spending all of them wisely when we can waste some since we have some 'free' ones on the way.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't know if he is just all about the money and makes certain decisions just for the marketing aspect. Or if he really is the epitome of 'joe fan' and drools over the prospects of Manziel or RGIII backing up Romo for a year or two and then taking over as starter and leading us to a Super Bowl.

It's probably both. He'll do anything to make a few more bucks. And he probably is dumb enough to think one of them is a star in the making and just needs the guidance of Garrett to clap them to success.
Either way, it is relevance.

There is your answer.

Who has the most intriguing backup QB situation?

Jerry does.

Being interesting beats being examined for incompetence, so he will take it.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Either way, it is relevance.

There is your answer.

Who has the most intriguing backup QB situation?

Jerry does.

Being interesting beats being examined for incompetence, so he will take it.
No doubt. If he can't win, which is doesn't really try to do, he'll settle for raking in money and having Sports Center talk about the backup QB week after week. Jerry would probably go to Vegas with Manziel or hobnob around Dallas with RGIII. I know Griffin used to pal around with Danny Snyder, so he'll love to hang out with Jerry. It could be a plus though. Maybe RGIII will back stab Garrett like he did Shanahan.

Top Bottom