Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
For the record I am not all that hot on bringing Hardy back, especially at 10 million plus a year.

He looked slightly above average most of the time, I think I would rather use that money elsewhere.

kidd

DCC 4Life
For the record I am not all that hot on bringing Hardy back, especially at 10 million plus a year.

He looked slightly above average most of the time, I think I would rather use that money elsewhere.
I'm leaning toward the same opinion myself. I think our pass rush will be fine with D-law and Gregory. Especially if we can draft a D tackle in the middle that can open up the rush on the edges.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:picard

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't even understand that. What is real af?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/stephen-a-smith-points-to-jason-garretts-race/

Stephen A. Smith Tells ‘White America’ To Stand Up For Themselves Against…Jason Garrett?

Jake O'Donnell

 12:00 pm, January 5th, 2016

“Jason Garrett is the walking epitome of everything that black folks in America lament,” Stephen A. Smith said about Jason Garrett and everything that black folks lament in America. “He didn’t get the blame but he got the credit.”

Smith was making the point that Jason Garrett’s close relationship with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones does not exist for black coaches in the National Football League. He’s right, though it’s hard to blame Jason Garrett for his close relationship with his boss, which is what Smith’s rant was starting to sound like.

“My question to white America is ‘why don’t you get upset?’ That’s my question, because there’s a whole bunch of white folks out there that don’t have [Garrett’s job security]. Why is this happening? There’s a whole bunch of white assistants in the NFL that ain’t getting shots because Jason Garrett is his boy. There’s a whole bunch of white coordinators that ain’t getting looks, that ain’t getting shots because jason garrett is his boy. I mean, this is unbelievable.”

Ya, white America. Why aren’t you getting mad that more white coordinators aren’t become head coaches in the NFL?

That’s just about the dumbest sentence I’ve ever heard on live television. If white people are supposed to look out for the interests of white people — a perverse concept in and of itself — why would they NOT applaud Jason Garrett’s job security? Privileged relationships with employers seem to be working out pretty damn well for white people. Why is Smith acting like white people are supposed to be looking for more and better opportunities for themselves when they’re the ones he’s saying have all the opportunities?

Cotton

Staff member
What a race-baiting moron. Good lord.

Cotton

Staff member
I am amazed people pay any attention to him and that especially he is still employed.
The still being employed thing is what puzzles me. But, I guess ESPN would be demonized as racist if they fired him, right?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The still being employed thing is what puzzles me. But, I guess ESPN would be demonized as racist if they fired him, right?
Eh, I wouldn't know or care.

I don't watch ESPN unless there is some event on. I don't watch their stupid talking head shows, Sportscenter or especially NFL pre-games with that toad Berman.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He is just pandering for click bait at this point.

That is most definitely race baiting but the network is ok with anything that draws attention.

That's all they do on First Take now is see who can say the most outrages shit and the funny part is like the writer said he is making no sense at all.:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He is just pandering for click bait at this point.

That is most definitely race baiting but the network is ok with anything that draws attention.

That's all they do on First Take now is see who can say the most outrages shit and the funny part is like the writer said he is making no sense at all.:lol
The fact that you find it amusing means they can consider it mission accomplished.

Why anyone would watch anything on ESPN unless forced to at the barber or dentist is beyond me.

Jiggyfly

Banned

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Eh, I wouldn't know or care.

I don't watch ESPN unless there is some event on. I don't watch their stupid talking head shows, Sportscenter or especially NFL pre-games with that toad Berman.
With you 100%. Why would I give two shits about the opinions of these assholes? Don't want it or need it. I watch games/highlights and that is it with a few exceptions (ie, NFL draft coverage/talk, MLB Hot Stove/trade deadline discussion, etc).

If some people consider SAS/Bayless, Mike & Mike, Cowherd, et al, to be entertainment then good for them I guess. I simply do not. The entire talking head, hot take culture has zero value to me and I find it repellent for the most part. Give me information about sports, sure, but the exhaustive hot take opinions of jerkoffs is not for me.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
With you 100%. Why would I give two shits about the opinions of these assholes? Don't want it or need it. I watch games/highlights and that is it with a few exceptions (ie, NFL draft coverage/talk, MLB Hot Stove/trade deadline discussion, etc).

If some people consider SAS/Bayless, Mike & Mike, Cowherd, et al, to be entertainment then good for them I guess. I simply do not. The entire talking head, hot take culture has zero value to me and I find it repellent for the most part. Give me information about sports, sure, but the exhaustive hot take opinions of jerkoffs is not for me.
I'm with you and Booze on this.

I simply could give 2 shits what the talking heads say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom