Sturm Decoding Linehan

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Garrett has been at the helm long enough for that shit not to happen.

The D is the biggest reason for the L, but I do believe there was a ton of momentum lost by throwing 3 straight passes when a run most likely gets a first down.

Same thing at the end of the game..a run most likely gets you the first down, and then you have plenty of time to take a couple shots into the end zone and if its not there, you still have the FG try.

Not the best coaching, but if the D does it job we aren't in that situation anyway.
Completely agree about the D. For all the complaints about the play calling the defense was by far the biggest reason we lost the game.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Elliott still ran it 20+ times despite the fact that we were down double digits most of the game, the coaching staff knows who we are, they just panic at times and get too pass-happy in critical situations.
And Bell rushed 18 times in the first half.

You don't rest a beast of a back who showed countless times he couldn't be stopped when he's had 2 1/2 weeks of rest.

Just completely idiotic.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Remember the 2014 playoffs at Lambeau when we had a 4th and 2 late in the 4th and instead of running the ball with our record setting back, we opted for the low percentage 30 yard pass play?

NFL Films remembers. :sad

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Remember the 2014 playoffs at Lambeau when we had a 4th and 2 late in the 4th and instead of running the ball with our record setting back, we opted for the low percentage 30 yard pass play?

NFL Films remembers. :sad
The RB and QB have changed.

The HC? Hm.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Completely agree about the D. For all the complaints about the play calling the defense was by far the biggest reason we lost the game.
There's no question about it that the D lost this game for us but the even more frustrating part is that we could have limited the damage had we just committed to the win early.

I'll still never understand why when our D was getting gashed by Rodgers that we didn't limit the damage and keep him on the sidelines.

We stressed all year that the reason we got Zeke was to help the defense but took the ball out of his hands so often. There is no excuse for him not getting 35+ carries that game.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
As Schmitty pointed out, they got away from the run in critical moments. That's my big complaint.

Like on that INT thrown on 2nd & 1. Were were destroying them on the ground with Zeke on that drive and there was still plenty of time left in the game. Just continue to ram the ball down their throat with the run game, or if you insist on passing, run some play-action and see if you can catch them off-guard with a deep pass. That's what most teams tend to do when they choose to pass on 2nd and 1 situations. They take a shot deep because they know they have 3rd down to pick up the 1 yard.

That's fair. I can't disagree.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They had been running that 3-2-6 defense later in the season a good bit, and I don't understand why they didn't revert to that. They weren't getting any pressure anyway. Why not bring in more DBs and keep Lee from being split out wide?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As Schmitty pointed out, they got away from the run in critical moments. That's my big complaint.

Like on that INT thrown on 2nd & 1. Were were destroying them on the ground with Zeke on that drive and there was still plenty of time left in the game. Just continue to ram the ball down their throat with the run game, or if you insist on passing, run some play-action and see if you can catch them off-guard with a deep pass. That's what most teams tend to do when they choose to pass on 2nd and 1 situations. They take a shot deep because they know they have 3rd down to pick up the 1 yard.
That's what has always aggravated me the most.

It's bad enough that we're going to the pass when we shouldn't, but at least keep the RB on the field or take a snap from under center and run a playaction or give a run/pass look. Instead, it's pick up 9 yards followed by the shotgun or even worse, an empty backfield.

Why the hell do these idiots keep doing this? And do they really not understand that we're helping the opposition by not taking advantage of situations that so many teams would kill to be in?

It's mind-boggling.

Top Bottom