User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "How to" Thread...

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar

"How to" Thread...

In the first installment of "how to" I will show how to post an image so it doesn't show up as a thumbnail. (instructions are for Chrome user, but Firefox and IE are very similar)

Step 1: Find image you want. You can either right click and save the image to your computer or you can right click and select "copy image address" Either way you can upload your image to imgur.com. On Imgur, click on New Post. It will ask you if you want to browse for the image or upload from a URL. Choose whichever fits what you have done in the first part of this step. The image will process, and once it has, right click and select "Copy Image Address".

Step 2: Click the photo icon...

Step 3: Click "From URL" on the dialogue box that pops up...

In the URL line, paste the URL that you copied from Imgur when you right clicked and selected (copy image address). This can be done by either clicking ctrl key and V at the same time or right clicking in the URL window of that dialogue box and selecting paste.

Step 4: Uncheck the box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", then click "OK".

Your image will now post as a picture and not as a thumbnail.

Questions?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

If anyone has anything they would like help doing, just ask here and I or the mods try our best to show you how. If we don't know how we can find out and post how.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    If anyone has anything they would like help doing, just ask here and I or the mods try our best to show you how. If we don't know how we can find out and post how.
    Thanks. Will look forward to the next installment.
    Since Day One

Does someone want to tackle YouTube videos? I'm afraid booze might be too shy to ask for it.

5. The following user likes this post:

Rev

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Does someone want to tackle YouTube videos? I'm afraid booze might be too shy to ask for it.

How to post a tweet

1. Click on the tweet you are wanting to post

2. In the URL like seen below, highlight the last set of numbers:

3. Right click and click on "copy" or click ctrl C

4. In the quick reply window here at the DCC, click on the Twitter symbol in the tool bar:

5. Paste that set of numbers from Twitter in between the Twitter words as seen below:

You can now post the tweet.

NOTE: most times it will not show up when you post it right at first (glitch in vBulletin's software). Hit refresh and it will show up.

Thanks, I was gonna ask earlier. Memes and gifs aren't posting as easily as they are on FB and such. Not that I'm the most tech savvy guy to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchcoach View Post
    Thanks, I was gonna ask earlier. Memes and gifs aren't posting as easily as they are on FB and such. Not that I'm the most tech savvy guy to begin with.

Yeah, it gets to be kind of convoluted when you visit multiple sites that all use different methodology for posting images, tweets, videos, etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    Yeah, it gets to be kind of convoluted when you visit multiple sites that all use different methodology for posting images, tweets, videos, etcetera.
    This is the only site that should matter to you. Read up.