2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ah, yes, the premise that the bullshit "scholarship" is still worth something in the 21st century. University degrees may cost more than ever, but they are worth far less than ever.
I'm not really at a point where I can vehemently argue against paying more than the stipends being paid right now. Plus, I already used up my asshole quota for the month and its only the 5th. I don't see the harm in being poor, getting a free education and getting to play an amazing game that is really fun. I just can't make the jump to slavery. Passion and love for the game is what drives most of these kids. Plus the slight chance of going pro. But nobody is forcing anyone to do this.

College students are supposed to be poor. It is part of the challenge and fun.

dallen

Senior Tech
Great kid, great family, great physical ability., questionable decision making with the ball.
Also questionable decision making when it comes to transferring schools....

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm not really at a point where I can vehemently argue against paying more than the stipends being paid right now. Plus, I already used up my asshole quota for the month and its only the 5th. I don't see the harm in being poor, getting a free education and getting to play an amazing game that is really fun. I just can't make the jump to slavery. Passion and love for the game is what drives most of these kids. Plus the slight chance of going pro. But nobody is forcing anyone to do this.

College students are supposed to be poor. It is part of the challenge and fun.
I never said the word "slavery". I said it was exploiting workers who do a dangerous job with the myth that they have pro prospects or their education will be worth something. Being poor isn't challenging and fun, especially when you get to stay that way after they are done using you.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Kyle Allen going to Houston...wow, those guys are getting serious at that place. Houston is going to dominate the AAC or whatever its called.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Texas A&M AD Eric Hyman announces he's stepping down.

Wouldn't it be awesome if UT and aTm were dumpster fires at the same time? aTm isn't there but it would be fun times.

D

Deuce

Kyle Allen going to Houston...wow, those guys are getting serious at that place. Houston is going to dominate the AAC or whatever its called.
I'll believe it when I see it. They didn't dominate when they had the uber awesome Sumlin/Keenum combo and my guess is their coach is long gone before Allen ever suits up.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'll believe it when I see it. They didn't dominate when they had the uber awesome Sumlin/Keenum combo and my guess is their coach is long gone before Allen ever suits up.
Um, didn't you already see it this year?

They've been pretty consistently salty for a mid-major team on a semi-consistent basis. They are really damn good right now. I don't get what I'm missing.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The recruiting class is shaping up really nicely this year.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

They've been pretty consistently salty for a mid-major team on a semi-consistent basis. They are really damn good right now. I don't get what I'm missing.
:lol forgive my terrible sentence...but you get the point.

dallen

Senior Tech
Houston is already a great team

D

Deuce

See what? A good team? Sure. But they didn't dominate. Hell, they didn't even win their division.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Texas A&M AD Eric Hyman announces he's stepping down.

Wouldn't it be awesome if UT and aTm were dumpster fires at the same time? aTm isn't there but it would be fun times.
Please oh please let this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom