2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Whats our capacity. That website says it's 80,000 but clearly that isn't correct.
It's almost 100k when they pull out the bleachers at the end of it. Which they do every game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Witten says he is coming back next season.
He definitely has. Now it’s uo to the team to decide how much of a pay cut and diminished role he gets. He’s the very definition of a progress stopper, and we also need someone to progress as well.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He is capable of making the throws. He has just become so gun shy about it. I feel like if he just starts slinging the ball again he will get comfortable doing it again. I sort of feel like our coaches try and coach that shit out of our QBs though and it's a terrible idea. Everyone not named Romo we have thrown out there seems to slowly become an ultra conservative QB. Our coaches just have this mentality of we can run the ball, have our field goal kicker bail us out and we just need to limit any turnovers.
Garretts offense requires the QB to be an absolute stud and demands strong pass protection with no compromise. If the run sucks, you can make do using the draw.

We got neither of the first two this year, and it made the third irrelevant.

Garretts offense is about the pass setting up the run and then a heavy dose of both. But if you can’t pass, and the run is no threat the offensive scheme digs a deep, deep hole with no way out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Witten says he is coming back next season.
Yeah I didn't figure he would retire. And no way in hell Garrett has the balls to bench him or give him a reduced role. So we will be stuck in mediocrity. It's decisions like those by Garrett that will always hold this team back.

Yeah I didn't figure he would retire. And no way in hell Garrett has the balls to bench him or give him a reduced role. So we will be stuck in mediocrity. It's decisions like those by Garrett that will always hold this team back.
We will be stuck in mediocrity with or without Witten a long as Garrett is coach.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
We will be slightly higher on the mediocre spectrum without him than with him.
Witten is still reliable and a good all around player but he's so limited athletically. He was never really a burner to begin with just tenacious but he's lost a few steps in recent years. He's only averaged over ten YPC twice in the last six years and this past season was a career low. I love the guy but it's time to move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom