2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Imagine if Cooper Rush gets the start and he connects with Dez for a couple sweet TDs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Imagine if Cooper Rush gets the start and he connects with Dez for a couple sweet TDs.
Color me skeptic. Ain't no reason for tired ole Dez to become Super Dez again.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He just has a seething hate for the Eagles because he lives among them daily. It’s understandable.
To live among those mofo's is a special kind of Hell. I don't envy him at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe if the Eagles put some of their backup corners in for a meaningless game. Sounds about the perfect time for Dez to pad his stats and then claim he still has it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love it if Cooper came in and lit it up. I really liked what he did in preseason. I don't know if he has what it takes to do it during the regular season but I'd love to see that maybe he is legit.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I can see why you'd want to continue to give Dak live game reps. He is still an extremely inexperienced QB and every rep is a learning experience for him. But I also don't see the point of exposing him to a beating with our stud LT sitting out yet again. Plus I think it would be pretty important to see some more of Cooper Rush to decide if our backup QB spot is locked down or not.
this right here.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Right, but CRush looked like a QB in preseason work.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd love it if Cooper came in and lit it up. I really liked what he did in preseason. I don't know if he has what it takes to do it during the regular season but I'd love to see that maybe he is legit.
The problem is that even if he came in and lit it up, we still couldn't be sure what we saw was real. (Matt Flynn, for instance.)

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The problem is that even if he came in and lit it up, we still couldn't be sure what we saw was real. (Matt Flynn, for instance.)
I know the intent is to get him time but you at correct, his performance won't exactly tell them a lot that definitive.

Genghis Khan

Dak needs to play.

Any risk of injury is mitigated by the fact that he would have 7 months to recover.

And quite simply, he needs the work pretty badly.

Genghis Khan

And my game plan for the game is lots and lots and lots of intermediate and deep throws, and not a lot of running the ball. Dak needs to figure that stuff out.

Just air it out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well this is true. I think it provides you at least more information. Maybe not a complete picture but certainly the Eagles will call a more diverse defensive game plan then what you see in preseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And my game plan for the game is lots and lots and lots of intermediate and deep throws, and not a lot of running the ball. Dak needs to figure that stuff out.

Just air it out.
I agree, I'd tell Dak to not worry about throwing picks. Go out there and be aggressive and see if you can get back to some of that gun slinging we saw earlier in his career.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I know the intent is to get him time but you at correct, his performance won't exactly tell them a lot that definitive.
It will tell them more than they know now. There are a lot of reasons to play him not the least of which will get Prescott further motivated to learn the schemes associated with the playbook. First and foremost how to read opponents defenses and secondary reads for the team offense.

Genghis Khan

I agree, I'd tell Dak to not worry about throwing picks. Go out there and be aggressive and see if you can get back to some of that gun slinging we saw earlier in his career.
Yep, exactly. Don't care about picks. Just be aggressive and see what he can learn from it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm telling you, dude, he is an idiot tool.
Even though it doesn't matter, now I kind of want to figure out who this guy is. :lol Says among other things in just the last day or so of posts that 1) his dad was a coach on the 1990 Parcells Giants team, 2) while some fans complain about Jaylon Smith not doing much for a #34 overall pick, he (Birddog) will be a part of the group who makes him better, 3) he hated the Linehan pick as OC but now likes him, 4) they should go back to the 2016 offense (even though he never explains what was different about it or why it was changed) and "will be pounding the table" for it.

Oh and booze, he seems to be campaigning for a CB in the first round next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, exactly. Don't care about picks. Just be aggressive and see what he can learn from it.
He is capable of making the throws. He has just become so gun shy about it. I feel like if he just starts slinging the ball again he will get comfortable doing it again. I sort of feel like our coaches try and coach that shit out of our QBs though and it's a terrible idea. Everyone not named Romo we have thrown out there seems to slowly become an ultra conservative QB. Our coaches just have this mentality of we can run the ball, have our field goal kicker bail us out and we just need to limit any turnovers.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I hope Bailey misses those 2 fgs you're giving him
I don't. Kickers getting the yips can wreck them. Money has already missed enough this year to make him a little squeamish. I'd prefer he goes back to being automatic. I can deal with 44-6.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't. Kickers getting the yips can wreck them. Money has already missed enough this year to make him a little squeamish. I'd prefer he goes back to being automatic. I can deal with 44-6.
Yeah if he continues to miss shit I'm going into the offseason thinking about a kicking competition. You can't win with the way he has been kicking since coming back from injury. Not consistently at least. And I sure as shit wouldn't be paying him 3-4 mil per season for that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom