2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah I mean I wouldn't mind keeping him around. But I also don't know much about the guy other than what I read. It's always hard to judge position coaches.
I'd like to see the guy get a shot at running the defense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Read some more of Birddog's twitter. That guy is either a moron or lying about being a scout. In just a few different posts he claims he'd put in more RPOs, then later says he doesn't think much of the RPOs in our offense because they're so easy to stop. Says all you have to do is "blitz" your DL, use a robber, and hit people in the mouth. :dunce

Then he claims Wade Wilson is a great coach but he doesn't have enough time to work with the QB because he's too busy with game plans, thus the Kitna mention. So the QB coach doesn't have enough time to work with the QBs... and for some reason he has less time after the first year. :dunce

Seriously, this is either some wannabe trolling twitter/BTB or he's an actual old scout so senile he doesn't know what's what anymore.
I'm telling you, dude, he is an idiot tool.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I hope the eagles backups beat the dogshit out of us

Cotton

Staff member

44-6 would work for me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yep, even if it's only one or two picks higher I'd rather have them.

But obviously part of me also wants to see Dak have a great game and this defense continue to play at a high level. I just want all of that to somehow happen in a loss that embarrasses Garrett.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

But obviously part of me also wants to see Dak have a great game and this defense continue to play at a high level. I just want all of that to somehow happen in a loss that embarrasses Garrett.
Not me, if for no other reason than for Jerry to have to stew on this last game all offseason I want us to fail at all 3 phases

Cotton

Staff member

Yep, there have been a ton of times where the player I wanted went 2-3 spots ahead of our pick. 1-2 spots can make a huge difference.

Cotton

Staff member
Ok, I'll bite. Is it pride, or good ole fashion hate?
He just has a seething hate for the Eagles because he lives among them daily. It’s understandable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not me, if for no other reason than for Jerry to have to stew on this last game all offseason I want us to fail at all 3 phases
Yeah I'm not that jaded. I really like the young players on the roster and it kills me to see them play poorly.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah I'm not that jaded. I really like the young players on the roster and it kills me to see them play poorly.
I like a lot of our young guys but Jerry just wants to be able and say this was a winning season so he can stay status quo, fuck that let it burn

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why are we playing Dak this game? It’s basically a preseason game. Stupid

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why are we playing Dak this game? It’s basically a preseason game. Stupid
Why not? If he is the future, why would you sit him? I get the idea to see Cooper Rush, but I am sure Garrett wants his elusive 9th win.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why not? If he is the future, why would you sit him? I get the idea to see Cooper Rush, but I am sure Garrett wants his elusive 9th win.
I can see why you'd want to continue to give Dak live game reps. He is still an extremely inexperienced QB and every rep is a learning experience for him. But I also don't see the point of exposing him to a beating with our stud LT sitting out yet again. Plus I think it would be pretty important to see some more of Cooper Rush to decide if our backup QB spot is locked down or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom