2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

:towel
"Right after Elliott's suspension ends," Sanders added.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Where have you seen that? The videos posted on this site? What about any of those cuts is depressing??
The way he's lifting and planting his feet is not normal cutting. It's like he's changing his entire motion just to go through the drill.

I get that he has to, but I'd rather not see it. Not until he's really back and cutting side to side off the balls of his feet like he should be.

This has been like watching Bo Jackson play baseball after his hip replacement. 40% of Bo was far better than what a normal person could do, but sad when compared to what Bo was.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am no expert on running but none of that seemed unnatural to me.

I don't know what you are seeing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I was a little confused by the first two or three steps . I have never seen that approach out of the blocks but I don't know what it means if anything.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was a little confused by the first two or three steps . I have never seen that approach out of the blocks but I don't know what it means if anything.
It was clearly part of the exercise and rehab.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Ravi see's whatever he wants to see. Which is some batshit crazy stuff. I don't think he even understands the injury. Jaylon is totally capable of pushing off with the balls of his feet.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jaylon is totally capable of pushing off with the balls of his feet.
Backpedaling sure, but not side to side. I see a lot more more lifting and planting than launching or pushing off with his feet. He's not there yet and has a ways to go before we see those knifing cuts into the backfield he made all the time at Notre Dame.

Now when the season starts it will have been a year and a half after his injury, so he should be back physically by then.

But like most ACL recoveries he likely still won't be as natural as before and he'll still be a rookie.

When he's all the way back, his combination of size, speed, and passion will be scary.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because the nerve is firing now...
Yes the nerve is firing but that in itself isn't the whole story. Hopefully there was nerve regeneration created that has a full neruo path to his brain.

D

Deuce

Yes the nerve is firing but that in itself isn't the whole story. Hopefully there was nerve regeneration created that has a full neruo path to his brain.
I thought the whole point of wanting the nerve to start firing is because that shows regeneration is happening.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the whole point of wanting the nerve to start firing is because that shows regeneration is happening.
Regeneration has happened. That was reported months ago that it was starting to regenerate.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Regeneration has happened. That was reported months ago that it was starting to regenerate.
We don't know to what degree though. Nerves can partially regenerate and not function at a high level.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A nerve will regenerate and that's the easy part. The firing needs to commence pretty quickly to ensure it is following a path up the nerve to the brain. The longer it goes without firing the less likely the regenerated nerve will conduct the neuro impulse sometimes to the point of not connecting at all. It's similiar to completing an electrical circuit. The connection needs to be completed within an 18 month window as a rule of thumb. The longer it takes to fire the possibility exists that the nerve may not conduct the impulse. That's a rough mechanical approach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A nerve will regenerate and that's the easy part. The firing needs to commence pretty quickly to ensure it is following a path up the nerve to the brain. The longer it goes without firing the less likely the regenerated nerve will conduct the neuro impulse sometimes to the point of not connecting at all. It's similiar to completing an electrical circuit. The connection needs to be completed within an 18 month window as a rule of thumb. The longer it takes to fire the possibility exists that the nerve may not conduct the impulse. That's a rough mechanical approach.
You're behind. It's regenerated and firing by all reports.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You're behind. It's regenerated and firing by all reports.
I don't know how true this is for his situation but I was told in two instances where I had nerve damage that typically if things aren't better over time your chances go down significantly for a full recovery. I was told that when you hit the 6 and 9 month mark and I things aren't better the chances start dropping. After a year you pretty much are where you are going to be. I don't know how true this is but it has been for me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't know how true this is for his situation but I was told in two instances where I had nerve damage that typically if things aren't better over time your chances go down significantly for a full recovery. I was told that when you hit the 6 and 9 month mark and I things aren't better the chances start dropping. After a year you pretty much are where you are going to be. I don't know how true this is but it has been for me.
So that is for regeneration, or firing as well?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So that is for regeneration, or firing as well?
I honestly don't know that part of it. I don't even know if there is a difference. The first injury happened about 4 years ago in my face that never regenerated.

I had nerve damage in my face that never regenerated. I had the same thing on my hand that did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom