2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You didn't say legal play.
:lol

Actually, I think everyone was complaining that he committed PI, but I didn't see that.

What I did see was a hold from Hitchens as Pettigrew as getting away, and then a facemask from Pettigrew before he went up for the ball.

So at worst, it should've been offsetting penalties and a replay of 3rd down, not an automatic first down via PI like so many claimed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hitches is nothing more than a JAG.

Name the last time the guy made a huge play that helped seal a win or swung the momentum in our favor in a decisive game.

He is the definition of a JAG. Not terrible, but not good either. He's just there.

You can find a bunch of guys to just be there.
I agree with everything you said about safety.

But Hitchens was very much missed when he was gone. He is a solid to good LBer. If that's the definition of JAG to you then I understand.

JAG to me is basically a term reserved for a guy who could be replaced with a street free agent and you'd see little to no difference. Sort of like the concept of WAR in baseball. A guy with a WAR of 0 would by definition be a JAG. To me Hitchens is a guy you miss when he is hurt. So he is better than that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree with everything you said about safety.

But Hitchens was very much missed when he was gone. He is a solid to good LBer. If that's the definition of JAG to you then I understand.

JAG to me is basically a term reserved for a guy who could be replaced with a street free agent and you'd see little to no difference. Sort of like the concept of WAR in baseball. A guy with a WAR of 0 would by definition be a JAG. To me Hitchens is a guy you miss when he is hurt. So he is better than that.
I think we miss him when he's gone because our depth at the position is so bad, but fair enough.

He has 9 more games to show what he truly is.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we miss him when he's gone because our depth at the position is so bad, but fair enough.

He has 9 more games to show what he truly is.
But I think that's the point. If he is a JAG you shouldn't see much difference between him and the depth. Unless your contention is that our backup LBers don't even belong in the NFL. Which seems hard to believe since one of our backups on the practice squad was poached earlier in the year I believe.

It's nice to see Jaylon starting to become a play maker back there. I think not having to play 90% of our defensive snaps really helps him. He just isn't in the physical condition you need to play that many downs yet.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
But I think that's the point. If he is a JAG you shouldn't see much difference between him and the depth. Unless your contention is that our backup LBers don't even belong in the NFL. Which seems hard to believe since one of our backups on the practice squad was poached earlier in the year I believe.

It's nice to see Jaylon starting to become a play maker back there. I think not having to play 90% of our defensive snaps really helps him. He just isn't in the physical condition you need to play that many downs yet.
Not necessarily, beause as I said, a JAG isn't a good player, but he's not a bad player either -- just an average guy who fills the role.

The backup LBs for us, however, are bad players.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not necessarily, beause as I said, a JAG isn't a good player, but he's not a bad player either -- just an average guy who fills the role.

The backup LBs for us, however, are bad players.
An average starting LBer isn't a JAG.

An average NFL LBer is a backup.

To me Hitchens is an average NFL starting LBer. Which is a good player.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I knew they had to be retarded over there.

I am really hard on Crawford though. To be fair I'm really glad he is playing mostly DE. This has been the best season of his career to this point. I don't think it's a coincidence at all. Especially with a really talented DE playing opposite him.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I knew they had to be retarded over there.

I am really hard on Crawford though. To be fair I'm really glad he is playing mostly DE. This has been the best season of his career to this point. I don't think it's a coincidence at all. Especially with a really talented DE playing opposite him.
I think Crawford is benefitting from Lawrence having a sick year, but yeah, Crawford has really picked up his play the last few weeks too, at least in the pass rushing department. I'm still concerned with our run stopping though.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson was fined $18,231 for his roughing the passer penalty on Washington's Kirk Cousins last week.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

midswat

... soon

Is Dak grabbing his moms tittay?

p1_

DCC 4Life
yeah , he’s feeling his mom up . Geez

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson was fined $18,231 for his roughing the passer penalty on Washington's Kirk Cousins last week.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
The one that shouldn't have been called at all? Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom