2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd give up a 6th for Murray as long as he's willing to cut his 2018 salary.

He's probably going to be cut after this year either way.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That would be awesome to get Murray back.

He's already splitting carries out there so I doubt he be opposed to a gig that has him giving up the starter's role once Zeke is back. Plus, he still has positive feelings for the organization and has plenty of friends here.

It could happen, but I wouldn't give up more than a 6th for him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hell no to Murray. Not worth a pick for six games, given we already have two former starters at RB and a great blocking OL.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hell no to Murray. Not worth a pick for six games, given we already have two former starters at RB and a great blocking OL.
McFadden and Morris aren't under contract next year, if Murray is willing to take a pay cut he'd be a very nice backup.

The only question is whether or not there'd be any tension with him in that role given his history here but given that he's going to be 30 next year I don't think it'd be much of an issue.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’d give a soft no to Murray but not a hard no. If he’s willing to accept a role as a backup and the price tag is like a 6th, maybe.

But he would have to know this is Elliott’s team once he returns. That seems unlikely.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think he would accept being a distant second fiddle to Zeke. From what I've seen, he's still extremely competitive and prideful.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
McFadden and Morris aren't under contract next year, if Murray is willing to take a pay cut he'd be a very nice backup.

The only question is whether or not there'd be any tension with him in that role given his history here but given that he's going to be 30 next year I don't think it'd be much of an issue.
I don't think there's any chance Murray would accept a role of about 5 carries a game, and he's too expensive for the role he'd play.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Uh oh, that means we are.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well at least if he is going to make shit up he is gambling on the winning side this time.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Interesting.

Cotton

Staff member
Watch Irving on this play. This is outstanding. Dude is ridiculously athletic. Especially for someone who plays DT part-time.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Interesting.
WTF does this even mean?

Cotton

Staff member
WTF does this even mean?
Means, he isn't a bull rusher, or even a pure swim rusher. He is just patient, and stays close enough to QB to finish if the pocket cracks even slightly.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I've seen Irving use a few moves, push/pull's and swim's in particular, he isn't the most refined of course but it's not like he's simply bull-rushing and that's it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watch Irving on this play. This is outstanding. Dude is ridiculously athletic. Especially for someone who plays DT part-time.

Having a DT with that length and the ability to actually run faster than a QB is extremely helpful.

But I think they are underselling his pass rush moves as well. He's not just a coverage sack guy as the other tweet implies. I've seen him use some moves similar to Hatcher when he played the position.

data

Forbes #1
Having a DT with that length and the ability to actually run faster than a QB is extremely helpful.

But I think they are underselling his pass rush moves as well. He's not just a coverage sack guy as the other tweet implies. I've seen him use some moves similar to Hatcher when he played the position.
Even if he is a clean-up guy, you need that from the DL as well with all these non-statue QBs. Cousins probably could’ve run for a ten-yard gain but Irving prevented that. Rodgers killed us on the final drive with his 1st down scramble.....now we have Alex Smith in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom