2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It would help if this staff would actually consider the exotic idea of putting in motion and lining him up in the slot more often.
Easy now. Can't have that kind of radical, forward-thinking going on Dallas.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

But of course.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Never realized Irvin was this fast...

I never realized how deep those shotgun drops were back then. Look at that -- Troy takes the snap five yards deep, then backpedals another seven yards before stepping forward and throwing it. Retreating to 12 yards behind the LOS? Crazy.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Seems to me a Hurry and a Pressure is just about the same thing. If you are hurried then its because of being pressured most likely???

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When I think of "wild animals" and a pass rush, I see the Jaguars' rush this year.

It is nice we are doing a better job, but you can see this bluster creeping back in on this team and that is not good.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:shrug

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:shrug
:lol
[MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION]

Yea, so this is why I don't believe for a second that the Cowboys have any serious intent to go after anyone of note via trade.

Cotton

Staff member

Jarvis Landry, anyone?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So what exactly constitutes a "big name, no-brainer type"?

Tom Brady?

Julio Jones?

All-Pro Superstars that are almost never available via FA?

Because to me, there were definitely guys available that could have helped us in recent years and there even some fairly big names that could have been had if we really wanted them.

For me, Dontari Poe was a no-brainer considering how bad we are at DT, and at one year 10 million we couldn't make the effort? Same for Haloti Ngata the year before along with Eric Weddle at Safety.

Each and every one of those guys would have been an instant upgrade over what we had and none of those guys broke the bank.

So I guess good players who instantly help the team aren't considered "no-brainers" in Jerry's world, so I'm curious to know who exactly falls into that category for him?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember sort of liking him in the draft. Physical freak.

But man he has done absolutely nothing since coming into the NFL. Just a guy with no natural pass rush ability.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So what exactly constitutes a "big name, no-brainer type"?

Tom Brady?

Julio Jones?

All-Pro Superstars that are almost never available via FA?

Because to me, there were definitely guys available that could have helped us in recent years and there even some fairly big names that could have been had if we really wanted them.

For me, Dontari Poe was a no-brainer considering how bad we are at DT, and at one year 10 million we couldn't make the effort? Same for Haloti Ngata the year before along with Eric Weddle at Safety.

Each and every one of those guys would have been an instant upgrade over what we had and none of those guys broke the bank.

So I guess good players who instantly help the team aren't considered "no-brainers" in Jerry's world, so I'm curious to know who exactly falls into that category for him?
We were supposedly Weddle's second choice after the Ravens, so that's something.

But yea, there have been plenty of cheaper guys that I wanted us to go after (Casey Hayward, DJ Swearinger, Duron Harmon, Zach Brown, Tahir Whitehead, Julius Peppers, Chris Long) who have been very productive but we apparently weren't interested. Poe and John Hankins are two DT's I was certainly interested in also if we were going to spend a bit more.

I do think that we will be a little more aggressive in FA with Romo's contract off the books in the next year or two.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I prefer Murray to any of our RBs but I'm not sure the margin is so wide that it's worth giving up a pick for.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I can't see the Titans trading Murray. They like Henry but haven't come close to making him the everydown type back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom