2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh, I thought he could rejoin the team for the playoffs if we make them. Which is a big if at this point.
No, he can't rejoin a team until after the SB.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Broaddus said:
Gregory can ask for reinstatement on Nov. 6t of this season. I have been told that the front office is keeping tabs on his situation. I have also been told that he has made some serious life-changing decisions for the good.
:jerk

Yeah, sure thing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Gregory's suspension over weed is like making minor possession of weed a felony. It's so beyond ridiculous.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
"He's really had good numbers and made the most of every opportunity he has had. For this reason, we will not increase his playing time." :crazy

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I wonder how much Dez is spelled anyway. How many times did Irvin have to take a break?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Plucked from the DallasCowboys.com "Gut Feeling" article:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/10/20/gut-feeling-dallascowboyscom-writers’-final-preview-cowboys-49er

Sean Lee looks set to return from a hamstring injury this Sunday, and his presence at linebacker should, in theory, help stabilize the Cowboys’ run defense. In Lee’s three starts, the Cowboys allowed an average of 87.3 yards. In the last two losses without Lee, they’ve allowed an average of 164.0 yards. If Dallas doesn’t stop the run, that’ll make rookie quarterback C.J. Beathard’s job much easier. The defense needs to get Beathard into third-and-longs to deliver pressure from DeMarcus Lawrence and others. My gut feeling is the bye week helped the Cowboys get some technical things cleaned up on defense and they’ll be more productive Sunday in a road victory.
I don't think I've ever seen a defense rely on one player as much as this Cowboys defense depends on Lee. The other defensive players should be embarrassed.

Losing one starter should not impact the defensive front 7 THAT much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Losing one starter should not impact the defensive front 7 THAT much.
Having one player, just one, capable of running the D is the issue. Lee is a great player, but he also has a ton of work he does on the field to get the dummies lined up right and communicating.

That is the scary part. His intangibles are vital to this shit system to be able to work at even a mediocre level.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Having one player, just one, capable of running the D is the issue. Lee is a great player, but he also has a ton of work he does on the field to get the dummies lined up right and communicating.

That is the scary part. His intangibles are vital to this shit system to be able to work at even a mediocre level.
I know everyone likes to bitch about Jaylon but the guy is basically a rookie that they were counting on to run the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom