2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Ive been all over his ass. I say sit Williams.
Something has to be done. This "we'll get 'em next time" BS of Garrett's isn't working.

Make an example of his ass. His gaffes are literally costing us games. Every. Freaking. Week.

When do they draw the line and say enough? After he's cost us another game or two?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I would agree but who will replace him?
Brice Butler. Better hands. Similar speed. Bigger WR who can actually go up and get jump balls.

Should be an easy choice but this coaching staff will stick with "their guy".

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Brice Butler. Better hands. Similar speed. Bigger WR who can actually go up and get jump balls.

Should be an easy choice but this coaching staff will stick with "their guy".
I cringe when I think of the contract they signed him to back in the spring. It's obviously not elite WR money but it's still more than an inconsistent #2/#3 receiver deserves.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, now we know why Paea wasn't there...

:lol

Christ.

Apparently, it's because his balky knee is getting worse. He hasn't been able to practice on it for a couple weeks now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, now we know why Paea wasn't there...

:lol

Christ.

Apparently, it's because his balky knee is getting worse. He hasn't been able to practice on it for a couple weeks now.
The sad thing is he actually looked like a decent NT. Now we literally have shit. Too bad Thornton isn't available. But no worry, we have that fat ass Price. No wonder our run defense is shit.

p1_

DCC 4Life
good to have Lee back.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Marinelli's refusal to commit to a run stopping DT is killing us right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marinelli's refusal to commit to a run stopping DT is killing us right now.
I agree, I have no idea why he doesn't view the NT spot as inpactful.

You put someone like Snacks Harrison in that spot and our entire defense would change.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, we need real help at LB. Hitchens is an average player at best yet we are celebrating that he will be taking over for Smith.

Lee is great but he's on the wrong side of 30 and he's always been injury prone. That position could need a first round pick, if the DL doesn't.

And if Woods is legit then swapping him in for Heath, hopefully soon, will be great news.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, we need real help at LB. Hitchens is an average player at best yet we are celebrating that he will be taking over for Smith.

Lee is great but he's on the wrong side of 30 and he's always been injury prone. That position could need a first round pick, if the DL doesn't.

And if Woods is legit then swapping him in for Heath, hopefully soon, will be great news.
The problem is Byron Jones sucks as a real safety so we have moved him to a different role. Which means Byron is lined up more as a man up guy on Tes. Which means Heath and Woods are playing deep.

There was a play that sticks out against the Packers where Byron was on Bennett and Bennett ran deep, Heath had the over the top coverage. And wouldn't you know it the ball was complete and it literally looked like Heath had pulled up and was just jogging over.

So my real concern is, when Woods is on the field, Heath still is as well. We really need another safety even if Woods is playing full time.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think Jones needs to go to CB. He's pretty good in coverage. That's about it.

Cheeto and Woods to safety.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I've been clamoring for that move since last season.

It just makes so much sense, and maybe that's exactly why we won't do it.

He sucks as a safety but is really solid in man coverage. He was a CB in college after all, so just move the guy back to his natural position.

Now all of a sudden, the CB position looks really damn good with Jones, Lewis, Awuzie, Scandrick, and Brown. They then would have to go get a really good safety for once to pair with Woods who we're hoping could become a player.

Cotton

Staff member
Byron Jones is scared to tackle.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I wonder if you could trade Scandrick for a safety, then move Jones to CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom