BipolarFuk

Demoted
- Drunk drivers who've committed vehicular manslaughter
- Drug abusers
- Accused rapists
- Domestic abusers
- Assault and battery
- Thieves

When you run down the extremely long list of things Cowboys players have done to embarrass the franchise and directly hurt the team, it seems silly that this is the issue that Jerry decides to take a moral stand.

I don't even know if it's about the money. To my knowledge the teams with players who are kneeling aren't losing major sponsors.
Teh Jer knows that this team has far more backwoods shit kickers than any other. Smart business.

data

Forbes #1
You forgot drug traffickers (Hurd, Newton), Hit & Runners (Goodrich) and Irvin Scissorhands

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep, this isn't about personal morals for Jerry. This is about not pissing off fans.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

What does this tell you? That we have a crappy gameplan coming in, and then takes us forever to adjust. Both at the beginning of the game and coming out after half.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Our third quarters have not been great offensively, but I think they have more to do with the fact that the opposition has been receiving the half time kickoffs, and then our defenses haven't been able to get off the field. We've had like one possession in the third quarter a couple times now.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Our third quarters have not been great offensively, but I think they have more to do with the fact that the opposition has been receiving the half time kickoffs, and then our defenses haven't been able to get off the field. We've had like one possession in the third quarter a couple times now.
One thing I'd like to see is us stopping receiving the ball when we win the coin toss.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
One thing I'd like to see is us stopping receiving the ball when we win the coin toss.
I absolutely fucking hate it.

I heard the Packers won the toss and chose to defer, so there's that, but IMO that is the biggest single reason we lost the game.

You're up 21-6, but the Packers have the opportunity to force only one punt but put up 3 scores themselves, before Dallas gets a legit chance at the ball again. Yes, we got the ball before halftime too, but that's an abbreviated drive. Hard to "expect" points on that drive.

It just sucks all the life out of your offense.

You can't get far enough ahead in today's NFL to bury a team early. It just doesn't happen.

It's ten times more important to take momentum out of the half than it is to take it early. I would never choose to receive the opening kickoff.

Genghis Khan

I absolutely fucking hate it.

I heard the Packers won the toss and chose to defer, so there's that, but IMO that is the biggest single reason we lost the game.

You're up 21-6, but the Packers have the opportunity to force only one punt but put up 3 scores themselves, before Dallas gets a legit chance at the ball again. Yes, we got the ball before halftime too, but that's an abbreviated drive. Hard to "expect" points on that drive.

It just sucks all the life out of your offense.

You can't get far enough ahead in today's NFL to bury a team early. It just doesn't happen.

It's ten times more important to take momentum out of the half than it is to take it early. I would never choose to receive the opening kickoff.

Yep, that was a huge problem yesterday. That possession deficit in the middle of the game can change everything.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And yet there is Garrett doing what the 1990s Cowboys teams did in that era...jump on them early and coast.

His philosophical approach is part of our problem.

We have blown two games in a row where we had a lead and you would think a commanding control of the football game.

That said, the defense is the real problem here. We feel we have to jump to a lead and just hang on for dear life.

Well, we have tried that twice and can't compete.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And yet there is Garrett doing what the 1990s Cowboys teams did in that era...jump on them early and coast.

We have blown two games in a row where we had a lead and you would think a commanding control of the football game.

That said, the defense is the real problem here. We feel we have to jump to a lead and just hang on for dear life.

A lot of the problem is that the players let up and that’s because they don’t get the foot on the throat mentality from the coaching staff. The don’t let up attitude is hard to overcome if it isn’t ingrained in the team. Coaches like what Dallas has get a lead then adjust the game plan to coast and protect a lead. It’s a guaranteed formula for allowing a team back in the game.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Cowboys 90s championship teams passed early and ground teams to dust late with dominant OL and RB.

They stuck with and trusted Emmitt.

Why they don't trust Zeke is beyond me

p1_

DCC 4Life

What does this tell you? That we have a crappy gameplan coming in, and then takes us forever to adjust. Both at the beginning of the game and coming out after half.
I read that we dont seem to do shit at halftime to prepare for the second half of games. Hey fellas, take the 3rd quarter off, ok?

p1_

DCC 4Life

precisely what Garrett is attempting, and it worked for those SB 90's teams because they had great defenses to hold leads and further to produce SACKS and TURNOVERS. Dave Wannstedt and Butch Davis could coach circles around Marinelli.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

It does appear to be part of it; though I've also heard people complain about Garrett because, hey, the 90's Cowboys use to just play to their strengths! Smash mouth football! Garrett gets too cute!

It's pick your complaint of the day, with him.

IMO, as I said in another thread, a huge problem is his insistence on receiving the opening kickoff (though GB was the team that chose to defer on Sunday). We need the halftime kickoff. Teams often start slow against our defense then pick it up later in the game. We need to take advantage of that by controlling possession after halftime. With the way the defense is now, teams are owning the third quarter. If he can't see that this is killing us, he's blind. We need the ball to start the second half.

Yup.

The offense isn't hitting on all cylinders right now, but it scored 31 points two games in a row. It's doing more than enough.

The defense is a trainwreck. Garrett has to insist on changes or this team will miss the playoffs. He's not the defensive coach but he is the head coach so it falls on him to get it fixed.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I do think getting healthy will help. Awuzie and Lewis are only going to get better as the season goes on, Woods too.

Getting Lee back on the field and Jaylon Smith off the field will be big too.

But the DL has to be miles better against the run for us to have a chance.

And they can't sack the QB 2-3 times in the first half and then disappear completely in the second half.

Genghis Khan

I do think getting healthy will help. Awuzie and Lewis are only going to get better as the season goes on, Woods too.

Getting Lee back on the field and Jaylon Smith off the field will be big too.

But the DL has to be miles better against the run for us to have a chance.

And they can't sack the QB 2-3 times in the first half and then disappear completely in the second half.
My biggest problem with the DL against GB was they let Rodgers escape way too much. That 18 yard run on their game winning drive was brutal. Basically lost the game for us.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I hope Terrence Williams and Jaylon Smith take a knee during the anthem against the Niners.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I hope Terrence Williams and Jaylon Smith take a knee during the anthem against the Niners.
This coaching staff needs to stop coddling players and start holding them responsible for their poor play. Terrence Williams has killed us in back to back weeks with his drops.

The play calling on the last drive is getting most of the discussion but Williams should be getting just as many darts thrown at him for that drop that resulted in a pick six.

Quite frankly he shouldn't be starting next week. Brice Butler should get those starter's reps opposite of Dez Bryant. Hell, I'd even consider activating Noah Brown and not dressing Williams against the 49ers.

If Williams is still allowed to start going forward the little respect I have for this coaching staff will be flushed down the toilet.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This coaching staff needs to stop coddling players and start holding them responsible for their poor play. Terrence Williams has killed us in back to back weeks with his drops.

The play calling on the last drive is getting most of the discussion but Williams should be getting just as many darts thrown at him for that drop that resulted in a pick six.

Quite frankly he shouldn't be starting next week. Brice Butler should get those starter's reps opposite of Dez Bryant. Hell, I'd even consider activating Noah Brown and not dressing Williams against the 49ers.

If Williams is still allowed to start going forward the little respect I have for this coaching staff will be flushed down the toilet.
Ive been all over his ass. I say sit Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom