2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
That dude is pure genuis with this stuff. Spot on in every way as to what I/we were saying. He's funnier than I would be though! :towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Report: Cowboys sign LB Tre'Von Johnson to practice squad
It didn't take long for the Cowboys to replace their lost linebacker.

Patrik Walker - 6 hours ago 0

There's a new face headed to the Dallas Cowboys.

Not longer after linebacker Mark Nzeocha was poached from the team's practice squad by the San Francisco 49ers, the Cowboys have opted to replace him on the 10-man unit with another player at the same position.

Adding Tre'von Johnson will give them the insurance they lost when Nzeocha packed up and headed west.

The 22-year-old hails from Weber State and was signed out of the undrafted free agent pool by the very Arizona Cardinals to whom the Cowboys handed a loss in Week 3. Johnson wasn't on the Cardinals' roster when the two teams met, however, having been a casualty of the final roster cutdown after the preseason.

Johnson played all four years at Weber State, landing a first-team All-Big Sky nod last year. His collegiate numbers show he certainly has some potential to perform at the NFL level -- given time and polish -- having racked up 285 total tackles including 27 tackles for a loss, nine sacks, three forced fumbles and a recovered fumble.

It was Nzeocha's war with injury that marred his promising stay with the Cowboys, but it looks like they've found a new talent to key in on.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
5 sacks between the two in a game. Insane work.

Cotton

Staff member
5 sacks between the two in a game. Insane work.
Just gotta hope it's a sign of things to come. Imagine when Irving gets back and Moore gets more PT. I think they both will have an impact by season's end, as well.

Cotton

Staff member
Am I missing something? I don't recall him going to jail for anything. Maybe he did, and I forgot.
No, he didn't. I'm pretty sure Ace thought you were joking to give LT shit.

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom