2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
I see Philly put Pumphrey on IR torn muscle. Best trade made because of Dallas that the Cowboys didn't make last draft. Hope Switzer makes his presence known tomorrow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see Philly put Pumphrey on IR torn muscle. Best trade made because of Dallas that the Cowboys didn't make last draft. Hope Switzer makes his presence known tomorrow.
Honestly watching preseason he didn't even deserve to make the roster. But because he was a fourth round pick they couldn't just cut him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well in one game the zone worked great. In the next we got absolutely torched because no one knew who to cover.

To me it is simple. If you have a bunch of guys playing out of position you should go man. Man coverage is at least simple. When guys are playing positions that they aren't used to and you ask them to play zone, suddenly guys just aren't getting covered at all. Which we saw a lot of against the Broncos.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Say goodbye to the Skipper, say hello to Mr. Jones. Meh. I met the kid on ND's campus when I worked there. Nice kid, average player and if they want to try and convert him to OT, they'll have to whip him into shape. He might win the award for the biggest helmet on the PS though.

Cowboys Make Practice Squad Move, Sign OT

(Sept. 20; 5:45 p.m.) – The Cowboys released offensive lineman Dan Skipper (Arkansas) from their practice squad and signed rookie offensive tackle Jarron Jones (Notre Dame).

Jones, undrafted this past spring, went to training camp with the Giants and converted to offensive tackle from defensive tackle, his position at Notre Dame. The Giants waived him at final cuts after preseason.

The Cowboys signed Skipper as a rookie free agent this past spring and waived him at final cuts.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/2017writersblog

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Say goodbye to the Skipper, say hello to Mr. Jones. Meh. I met the kid on ND's campus when I worked there. Nice kid, average player and if they want to try and convert him to OT, they'll have to whip him into shape. He might win the award for the biggest helmet on the PS though.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/2017writersblog
I'd move him back to DT. If Marinelli can get his attitude right he could be a real contributor there. He has the physical assets you want in a stud NT with none of the motor.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'd move him back to DT. If Marinelli can get his attitude right he could be a real contributor there. He has the physical assets you want in a stud NT with none of the motor.
Yep. He has the raw physical talent but he's kind of on the lazy side. I'd have to check the recruiting archives but I don't know if he's ever even played OT.

Okay, I guess he played OT in HS. It was six years ago so I forgot.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/125711/jarron-jones

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak has been uncharacteristically inaccurate when targeting Dez and has targeted him in challenging situations to say the least.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak has been uncharacteristically inaccurate when targeting Dez and has targeted him in challenging situations to say the least.
Dez taking a ball that hits him in the hands and tipping it to the defender for a pick doesn't help.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:dunce

Cotton

Staff member
Shade of what?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Garrett Effect:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Has Garrett put that on one of his cornball t-shirts yet?

BipolarFuk

Demoted

ELITE!

Cotton

Staff member
Shade as in urban slang.

Just shows that Garrett is like hip to that kind of stuff.
That doesn’t even make sense even with the slang interpretation.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Bryant is a great athlete but somewhat of poor team player. His routes are sometimes improvised and sometimes he just runs them and quits. The only separation that is consistent with him is his ability to out jump the defender. I would be thrilled if he could take his athletic skills and turn them into a disciplined route runner who knows when to go from an assigned route to a prescribed separation move. Witten is a good example of how to improvise a route that is covered then break to an area the Quarterback knows. Beasley gets his separation before the route is completed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dez is an elite athlete and a pretty good receiver.

The combination of both makes him a dangerous weapon on the field.

Because he isn't this great natural receiver, he clearly struggles against top notch CBs. Still, if our coaching staff ever grew a brain and actually moved him around and used him in ways that Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and New York use their elite wide receivers, the guy could still be productive even in those games where the matchup isn't in his favor.

He's so dangerous on the move and running after the catch but yet we don't put him in motion, line him up in the slot, or have him running enough routes across the field. Like the running game, the lack of movement involving Dez is a mystery that leaves you scratching your head. 9 times out of 10, he'll be lined up out wide in the exact same spot running the exact same routes every week.

It just is what it is at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom