2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Might have been worth throwing a late pick at them. We were never going to win a waiver claim.
Yeah, seems like they would have taken a conditional sixth or seventh round pick over cutting him. Conditioned that he actually makes and stays on our roster.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Might have been worth throwing a late pick at them. We were never going to win a waiver claim.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
The only thing that ever impressed me about Tebow was his willingness to devote his time to sick children and adults. He did a lot of charity work.

Other than that, what a fruitcake.

Same here. The nutswingers really drive me crazy. Clearly, they caught lightning in a bottle and had a great defense that allowed them to win games while scoring little. Bottom line, if Elway doesn't think you're good, you're probably not.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea why the Pats wouldn't. They are usually savvy about milking every player for everything they are worth. Seems a bit odd that they would release him without at least seeing if someone would give them a pick or a player.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
His charity work is great but his sports legacy will be Tebowing(Which thankfully faded away) and without sports, he wouldn't have been able to do quite as much of the charity work that he did. Weren't his parents missionaries or something?
Yes, they were/are. I think his dad runs some kind of evangelical business.

Cotton

Staff member

This is interesting.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

This is interesting.
I think one of those games was the 51-48 shootout against Manning. Broncos had a contender ... we didn't. We had 17 straight pass attempts to close out the game.

Just no discipline, run-pass balance, or pride on defense. We were content to let Tony sling it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

This is interesting.
Losses aren't exclusively a QB Statistic. It's a team stat.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
Looks like Philly saved use a bad pick with that fourth round trade. I'm glad we got Switzer even though he's yet to play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like Philly saved use a bad pick with that fourth round trade. I'm glad we got Switzer even though he's yet to play.
Yeah I've never seen a more below average looking athlete. When a guy is super small they should at least have elite speed or tremendous balance. Pumphrey has neither. He is average to below average in every way possible.

Cotton

Staff member
Browns released Joe Haden. I'd be on that.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I like him better than Carroll, but maybe he's not.

Sometimes a guy seems to need a change of scenery though. Newman flat out sucked here by the end of his time in 2011.

But he went on to have a nice run in Cincinnati and he's actually been very good in Minnesota. So you never know. Haden is young enough too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Trending in the wrong direction!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well this explains why the Browns got rid of him. But I also think analytics in football are deeply flawed at times. I also fail to believe that a 28 year old has fallen off that much from the elite player he was.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well this explains why the Browns got rid of him. But I also think analytics in football are deeply flawed at times. I also fail to believe that a 28 year old has fallen off that much from the elite player he was.
You said in the other thread that he'd instantly be our best CB. I don't think that's necessarily true. I think Scandrick is probably better as a cover player at this point. But he could be a cheap gamble that should be no worse than Carroll at least, and potentially much better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You said in the other thread that he'd instantly be our best CB. I don't think that's necessarily true. I think Scandrick is probably better as a cover player at this point. But he could be a cheap gamble that should be no worse than Carroll at least, and potentially much better.
I don't know. Scandrick was worse than Brown last year. But Brown may be better than Hayden.

But as hard as we are on our corners imagine playing for the Browns. You have no pass rush, no other good corners, a team that doesn't give a shit if they lose because it's expected and an offense that continually goes 3 and out and turns the ball over. It's basically hell for a corner. So it's not surprising that after years that word on Hayden. I imagine a change of scenery would be huge for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom