2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Let me put it this way... if we win the Super Bowl I will buy one of those.
Say that reminds me.

Who do you think will just go apeshit nutzo if we miraculously won a Super Bowl?

I give that projection to Schmitty.

He still has that wee teeny tiny little homer that is just waiting to erupt.

Kind of like an EZ22 "Nugget" waiting to come out. But not nearly as creepy and a lot more genuine.

Then, oh boy, when it does. And if Garrett wins a Lombardi even by the opposing team being swallowed by a sink hole, oh boy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I dunno, I tend to have a pessimistic streak too.

My vote is on Iamtdg.

data

Forbes #1
Let me put it this way... if we win the Super Bowl I will buy one of those.
Dont buy cheap knockoffs. Those look horrible. You're better off wearing a team T-shirt.

You can't even find a player you like enough let alone look like a schlep with his name on it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I dunno, I tend to have a pessimistic streak too.

My vote is on Iamtdg.
Your vote is valid. I will lose my shit.

I say "will" and not "would" because you can bookmark this post.... we will win a Lombardi in the next 5 years. It's happening.

Your vote is valid. I will lose my shit.

I say "will" and not "would" because you can bookmark this post.... we will win a Lombardi in the next 5 years. It's happening.
Not if Garrett is still HC. The defense would have to be so dominant and shut everyone out for that to happen. You know if it came down to any close games we would lose because Garrett would pull the same shit he did against Green Bay in the playoffs. But yes if we did win the SB I would lose my shit as well!

Cotton

Staff member
Not if Garrett is still HC. The defense would have to be so dominant and shut everyone out for that to happen. You know if it came down to any close games we would lose because Garrett would pull the same shit he did against Green Bay in the playoffs. But yes if we did win the SB I would lose my shit as well!
I think we will win one in spite of Garrett, or we win once Garrett is gone. It's going to happen.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak, Zeke, Dez, and the OL give us a chance at the tournament every year.

just a couple of random years with a good defense can take us to the big game. We are just a couple of key stops or even one turnover away.

I have a feeling we've found some DB's who will give us those turnovers.

midswat

... soon
We're not winning a super bowl with god damned Garrett as head coach. Get the eff over it Iamtdg. These seasons with him at the helm are just wasted years. Even years we win double digit games is just fools gold and setting you up for heartbreak as we will assuredly piss the season away in ridiculous fashion.

Cotton

Staff member
We're not winning a super bowl with god damned Garrett as head coach. Get the eff over it Iamtdg. These seasons with him at the helm are just wasted years. Even years we win double digit games is just fools gold and setting you up for heartbreak as we will assuredly piss the season away in ridiculous fashion.
I hope you bookmarked my post above so it can be easily referenced.

midswat

... soon
I keep getting notifications that Iamtdg has quoted my posts but I have him on ignore. Can someone tell me if he ever says anything worthwhile?

Cotton

Staff member
I keep getting notifications that Iamtdg has quoted my posts but I have him on ignore. Can someone tell me if he ever says anything worthwhile?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He just flipped you off.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Never won a close playoff game, eh?

Last edited:

midswat

... soon
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Never won a close playoff game, eh?
We barely beat a very bad Detroit team (who started the next year 1-7 or something, without catastrophic injuries) thanks to the referees picking up a flag that they likely shouldn't have.

That was not a good Detroit team. We should've smoked them in the playoffs.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm pretty sure when Garrett gets his bust in Canton, that epic Detroit win will be the deciding factor.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We barely beat a very bad Detroit team (who started the next year 1-7 or something, without catastrophic injuries) thanks to the referees picking up a flag that they likely shouldn't have.

That was not a good Detroit team. We should've smoked them in the playoffs.
And? It was a close game and we won.

Premise debunked.

Maybe we run into another team we play down to, but they play down too, and we win. Fucking stupid ass comment to make.... same as most of the comments the Garrett haters make, like "We will never win a Super Bowl while he is here," or "If we win, it will be in spite of them."

All laughable "prognostications" that have as much evidence to support them as me saying we will win the next ten Super Bowls.

Yeah... we will have to "shut out" everyone to win a close playoff game again. Not like our offense is coming off a 31 point performance in a playoff game or anything.

Try saying something like "We generally get worse coaching than our opponent in the playoffs so that puts us at a disadvantage. It will be much harder for us to win a Super Bowl over similarly talented teams." You wouldn't hear any objections to that... but then the truth is boring and doesn't let you pull your dick out and act like you have special knowledge.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think so, too. I think Dak is the real deal and that, plus the salary cap advantage that gives us, means we're going to seriously contend the next few years.

We should, anyway. Even with Garrett offering absolutely nothing as a head coach.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Mschmidt, didn't you just claim in the Tapper thread that he *will* play this year?

Where's the evidence for that prognostication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom