2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
JW grabbing the camera tripod in a brawl at the end of the half on a MNF game. :lol

Found it

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You know who kicked ass in this game?

Moose.

Son of a bitch recovered a fumble and caught a bunch of key short passes.

He also scored a cheap TD.

Man, I really need some real games. I am freaking out on old shit.

But it is fun. We need to appreciate what excellence looks like.
I am starving right now. That round of getting to watch some of last year's games has me dying for some live football.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh yeah, that's why it was so badass.

Love the later interviews of Aikman where he talks about how he thought Irvin was going to be running that route because he had made Alvin switch sides every time they'd called it before. Troy hesitated for a minute -- you could tell he didn't totally trust Harper -- but at the last second said hell with it, I'm going to fling it anyway.

Amazing stuff. Probably my favorite Cowboys play ever. You should've seen the fern I sent flying.
:lol

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I am starving right now. That round of getting to watch some of last year's games has me dying for some live football.
As a Tech fan, it's best that you not watch live football to avoid any additional pain and suffering from having such a shitty head coach.

Cotton

Staff member
As a Tech fan, it's best that you not watch live football to avoid any additional pain and suffering from having such a shitty head coach.
Shit yer damn mouth!

What you say is true. :(

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[sUMMERALL] Aikman quickly. The pass to Harper...Harper off to the races, they are going to run it down however...[/SUMMERALL]

~sigh~
I'll pick up the rest of that call from Pat where you left off....

"At about.....the 9 yard line....Dana Hall."

~Summerall and Madden simultaneously~

"That was a heck of a call"

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It is interesting how as time goes by, you forget the little things. This was a game where we were getting beat decently in the early going. But a fumbled punt and a Ricky Watters fumble were responsible for our first ten points.

I remembered way more about the second half.
So true. I'd completely forgot the circumstances surrounding Alvin Harper's long catch and run. I remember it being a big play which essentially sealed the game, but I'd forgotten those little details.

It was the very first play of the drive following the 49ers TD which had cut the lead to 4. Cowboys were on their own 20 and needed at least 2 first downs to put the game away. San Fran had all the momentum and Candlestick was rocking.

Conventional wisdom would say play it a bit safe and work the clock with Emmitt and the great OL, but Troy and the 'Boys came out slinging it through the air. I think that probably caught the 49ers off-guard.

As an aside, Kelvin Martin's TD was extremely close. I'm surprised 49er fans aren't bitching to this day that Martin's knee was down. :lol
Amateurs....the both of you.

I remember every single instance of that game from start to finish.

When I tell you it is my favorite game of all time, I mean it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Norton INT was awesome to see again.

I forgot how I was screaming at the TV and how awesome that play felt.

It was not a real good play from Norton as much as Lett rushed Young to throw.
That was such an exciting sequence.

Norton gets the pick and I remember like it was yesterday....me, my dad, and uncle are on our feet yelling at the TV to "put this game away".

The very next play, Emmitt breaks off a run of about 25 yards to get us in scoring position. Immediately after that run, I got that "we're going to the SB" feeling for the very first time.

Now, I had no idea we were gonna get stopped on 4th down, watch the 49ers score, then be put in a position where we'd have to score again.... But in that moment, it was the greatest feeling I had felt in my young life.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'll pick up the rest of that call from Pat where you left off....

"At about.....the 9 yard line....Dana Hall."

~Summerall and Madden simultaneously~

"That was a heck of a call"
And a second later, Summerall saying something like, "It's not over yet, however."

And Madden emphatically stating, "I dunno, that was a big, big play though, Pat." Like knew that pretty much had sealed it.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Even in shit time, we rubbed it in.

Kenny Gant was a terrible DB.

But he did his shark dance after a late incompletion.

We won that game with so much style.
I love how the Cowboys D just tee'd off on that faggot Steve Young.

I seriously wish I could reach thru the TV and punch that cheesedick every time he's on NFL Network.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I feel like I'm in the minority, but I never really liked summerall's broadcasting style. I thought his call on Harper's play sucked for example. Way too understated.

It's like, they just had a super bowl impacting play that went nearly the length of the field, and that's all you have to say about it?

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I feel like I'm in the minority, but I never really liked summerall's broadcasting style. I thought his call on Harper's play sucked for example. Way too understated.

It's like, they just had a super bowl impacting play that went nearly the length of the field, and that's all you have to say about it?
That was Summerall's style, though. A guy could pull a Tony Dorsett-esque 99 yard TD run, kick a 70 yard field goal, perform a strip sack, 97 yard fumble recovery for a TD, and Summerall would sound like he just woke up from a 2 week long drunken slumber.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That was Summerall's style, though. A guy could pull a Tony Dorsett-esque 99 yard TD run, kick a 70 yard field goal, perform a strip sack, 97 yard fumble recovery for a TD, and Summerall would sound like he just woke up from a 2 week long drunken slumber.
That is probably since he pretty much did.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
True but Summerall was also given a pass because he was an "iconic" sports analyst. He hung around waaaay past his prime though and was almost painful to listen to in his later years.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

He really didn't believe Dallas would win that game at that point. The 49ers had reclaimed some momentum and it was a 3 point game.

Madden though immediately emphasized and almost corrected Pat stating how big a play that was.

dallen

Senior Tech
True but Summerall was also given a pass because he was an "iconic" sports analyst. He hung around waaaay past his prime though and was almost painful to listen to in his later years.
You shut you mouth

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Holy bleep. Youtube is "recommending" some seriously unwanted video clips but I just can't look away.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He really didn't believe Dallas would win that game at that point. The 49ers had reclaimed some momentum and it was a 3 point game.

Madden though immediately emphasized and almost corrected Pat stating how big a play that was.
Except he was always like that.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Holy bleep. Youtube is "recommending" some seriously unwanted video clips but I just can't look away.

I can't even watch that shit. I was so angry when that happened I damn near ruined thanksgiving for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom