Staff member
I thought he had a serious neck injury.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess that put an end to his college career. Wonder what he's been doing aside from recovery these last two years.
He played last year and then broke his ankle.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:unsure

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Dink and dunking debunked.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Uh, where is Wentz?

He not have the 15 required throws over 20? :lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dink and dunking debunked.
That has nothing to do with dinking and dakking. Every QB eventually aims a pass 20+ yards downfield. From that pool of passes over the season, Dak was the highest rated rookie.

I mean, of course he was. The stat compares him with a Brown and a Ram.

What we as an offense need to do is stop leaning so heavily on Zeke and lean more on Dak for big plays.

The big play stats (10+ yards rushing or 25+ yards passing) confirm that Dallas was #3 overall, #2 in rushing, and #26 in passing big plays.

The Buffalo Bills were #1 rushing and #27 in passing.

The Falcons and Patriots were #2 and #3 in passing. The Steelers were 7th and Packers 10th.

We're more like the Bills, and need to become more like the Falcons and Pats.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That has nothing to do with dinking and dakking. Every QB eventually aims a pass 20+ yards downfield. From that pool of passes over the season, Dak was the highest rated rookie.

I mean, of course he was. The stat compares him with a Brown and a Ram.

What we as an offense need to do is stop leaning so heavily on Zeke and lean more on Dak for big plays.

The big play stats (10+ yards rushing or 25+ yards passing) confirm that Dallas was #3 overall, #2 in rushing, and #26 in passing big plays.

The Buffalo Bills were #1 rushing and #27 in passing.

The Falcons and Patriots were #2 and #3 in passing. The Steelers were 7th and Packers 10th.

We're more like the Bills, and need to become more like the Falcons and Pats.
So what you are telling me as a coach that you would have done everything different for a rookie that was put into that situation as late as he was.? Mind you he was going to be 3rd string going into the year. I will jump on your bandwagon if it continues but in the first year I cant blame them at all for the gameplan that just about worked to perfection.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So what you are telling me as a coach that you would have done everything different for a rookie that was put into that situation as late as he was.? Mind you he was going to be 3rd string going into the year. I will jump on your bandwagon if it continues but in the first year I cant blame them at all for the gameplan that just about worked to perfection.
I said throughout last year it was unfair to Dak, but we needed to lean on him more.

I thought it finally happened vs Detroit. Dak had met every challenge long before then though, and we should have unleashed him several games before Detroit.

We still need it, just turn him loose.

Talent-wise, this should be the league's best offense by a mile.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I said throughout last year it was unfair to Dak, but we needed to lean on him more.

I thought it finally happened vs Detroit. Dak had met every challenge long before then though, and we should have unleashed him several games before Detroit.

He seems to throw a pretty good long ball. Definitely would be nice to see him able to air it out.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

My guess is that it'll come over time. You just have to give these guys time to develop.

People tend to forget that Brady was essentially a dink and dunk game manager type QB his first 2-3 years in the league. He didn't start posting big numbers until he had a good 5 or 6 years under his belt.

Same with Matt Ryan. He was a middle of the pack QB his first couple of years in the league.

So it's really unfair, as you mentioned, to expect a rookie to pass with the same effectiveness as experienced All-Pro caliber QBs.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
My guess is that it'll come over time. You just have to give these guys time to develop.

People tend to forget that Brady was essentially a dink and dunk game manager type QB his first 2-3 years in the league. He didn't start posting big numbers until he had a good 5 or 6 years under his belt.

Same with Matt Ryan. He was a middle of the pack QB his first couple of years in the league.

So it's really unfair, as you mentioned, to expect a rookie to pass with the same effectiveness as experienced All-Pro caliber QBs.
It was unprecedented how well he actually did perform. He bettered RG3's stats and equaled Big Ben's win total.

If he had a defense he'd have maybe won it all.

BTW, look at the final drive the Pats made vs. the Rams to win Brady's first Super Bowl. Brady's aggressiveness and accuracy won the game when conventional wisdom said sit on it and go to overtime.

That drive was quintessential Brady and very, very underrated, mainly I think because it happened so fast and ended in a FG.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
25 people wounded by gun shots.

Alrighty then.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jesus Christ.