2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I always love Ravi's revisionist history about the 90's line. Stepnoski is not only a 3 time all pro, but he was on the all-decade team... but he wasn't a dominant player.

Nate Newton was a 6 time Pro Bowler and 2 time All Pro, but he was just a "solid pro."

Ridiculous.

Try the second best center in football for a half decade and a top 5 guard in the league, that's more like it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I always love Ravi's revisionist history about the 90's line. Stepnoski is not only a 3 time all pro, but he was on the all-decade team... but he wasn't a dominant player.

Nate Newton was a 6 time Pro Bowler and 2 time All Pro, but he was just a "solid pro."

Ridiculous.

Try the second best center in football for a half decade and a top 5 guard in the league, that's more like it.
And Step was not a large man in the mold of a Travis Frederick. He ran about 250 or maybe 260. He played with great technique and leverage.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Ridiculous.

I ranked Stepnoski 3rd, but he wasn't uber l-talented or ROH special, no matter what the pro bowls or media lists say. Truth was he was good and consistent. What's wrong with that? He wasn't close to Dwight Stephenson or Ray Donaldson.

Newton was seriously overrated, and got a lot of mileage out of his personality. He was out of shape and shouldn't have been on the team after 1995.

Mark Tuinei was the most underrated. Even then he wasn't especially talented as much as he was a warrior. Same with Gogan.

Gesek was the catalyst, really. He helped make them a team.

But none were in Big E's (pre-injury) class, and definitely not in LA's. That's the truth.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I ranked Stepnoski 3rd, but he wasn't uber l-talented or ROH special, no matter what the pro bowls or media lists say. Truth was he was good and consistent. What's wrong with that? He wasn't close to Dwight Stephenson or Ray Donaldson.

Newton was seriously overrated, and got a lot of mileage out of his personality. He was out of shape and shouldn't have been on the team after 1995.

Mark Tuinei was the most underrated. Even then he wasn't especially talented as much as he was a warrior. Same with Gogan.

Gesek was the catalyst, really. He helped make them a team.

But none were in Big E's (pre-injury) class, and definitely not in LA's. That's the truth.
Madden did more for Newtons career than Newtons prowess on the field did. Madden loved to comically promote him. Big ole Nate.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys linebacker Mark Nzeocha had arthroscopic knee surgery earlier in the week and will be out until training camp. Nzeocha will be back for the start of training camp in late July.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Cowboys linebacker Mark Nzeocha had arthroscopic knee surgery earlier in the week and will be out until training camp. Nzeocha will be back for the start of training camp in late July.

Just always hurt.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Wasting our time. He had a knee issue coming out of Wyoming and apparently it is not getting better.

midswat

... soon
That's kind of a blow, isn't it? Hes a decent role player.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That's kind of a blow, isn't it? Hes a decent role player.
Are you thinking of Andrew Gachkar? I could be wrong but don't think this guy played? I know Gachkar had some playing time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Are you thinking of Andrew Gachkar? I could be wrong but don't think this guy played? I know Gachkar had some playing time.
Yeah, I think he is confused. Gachkar played a good bit last year. Nzeocha barely got on the field and when he did it was on special teams, not defense.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We worked out Ryan Nassib apparently.

And I wouldn't mind signing Daryl Washington AND David Harris. Need some LB depth bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We worked out Ryan Nassib apparently.

And I wouldn't mind signing Daryl Washington AND David Harris. Need some LB depth bad.
I'd actually be ok with Nassib competing for the backup QB spot here in Dallas. He has played very little in the NFL but he was at least a legit QB prospect at one point.

As far as Washing and Harris that is crazy to me. You don't fill out the bottom of your LBer roster with guys like that. I can understand signing one of them as insurance for Jaylon Smith but both seems excessive.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Was he the best player on those ealry to mid 90's lines? There was some incredible talent on those lines.
Without question he was the best on those lines. It isn't even close

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Nice.

dallen

Senior Tech