2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
I didn't know how to post the tweet and too lazy to type that shit out on my phone

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't know how to post the tweet and too lazy to type that shit out on my phone
I will post a how-to on posting tweets. It ain't easy from your phone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Really?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
RIP OJ.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'll bet every DL LA ever lined up against has a story. He was/is an all timer.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

looks like he should have strangled the snapper instead

dallen

Senior Tech
Larry Allen is probably the most dominant athlete to ever wear the star.

midswat

... soon
My favorite Larry Allen memory is watching the Cowboys vs the Saints his rookie year. Troy Aikman threw an interception and it looked like the defender was going to take it to the house. My grandma turned to me and asked "What are your Cowboys gonna do now Middie?" I calmly replied that I wasn't worried because our rookie offensive guard was going to chase him down and make the tackle. As the play continued to unfold and Larry Allen closed and eventually made the tackle I was jumping up and down in excitement and either a fern fell on my head or her head. I think it was my head. Man she loved that fern.

Years later, Grandma passed away and Allen was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Upon the closing of his induction speech, I walked out to my back patio, looked at the heavens above, and said "We did it Grandma."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My favorite Larry Allen memory is watching the Cowboys vs the Saints his rookie year. Troy Aikman threw an interception and it looked like the defender was going to take it to the house. My grandma turned to me and asked "What are your Cowboys gonna do now Middie?" I calmly replied that I wasn't worried because our rookie offensive guard was going to chase him down and make the tackle. As the play continued to unfold and Larry Allen closed and eventually made the tackle I was jumping up and down in excitement and either a fern fell on my head or her head. I think it was my head. Man she loved that fern.

Years later, Grandma passed away and Allen was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Upon the closing of his induction speech, I walked out to my back patio, looked at the heavens above, and said "We did it Grandma."
Needs moar fern.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Needs moar fern.
Apparently, you don't appreciate a good story teller. Wait till his mom gets a hold of you with her knife.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Larry Allen is probably the most dominant athlete to ever wear the star.
Was he the best player on those ealry to mid 90's lines? There was some incredible talent on those lines.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Was he the best player on those ealry to mid 90's lines? There was some incredible talent on those lines.
By far.

The most talented outside of LA was Big E, and in the middle of 1994 he had the accident that left him at best 75% of what he had been. We never got to see them play together as a healthy duo.

Stepnoski was next, but he was not a dominant player.

The rest of the OL were solid pros who had come of age and played really, really well together.

Allen played RG, LG, and LT over his career and dominated at each. I've rarely seen that level of dominant talent. Jonathon Ogden was close, and there were certainly others.

But no one with that raw strength and attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom