2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I think being a RKG really puts a lot of stress on these guys, and some turn to alcohol and drug to cope.

Just a theory.
Probably. Plus, the spotlight does shine brighter on them than your average Joe and plenty of average Joes have alcohol or drug problems, they just aren't reported on national news sources. I've had my ups and downs with alcohol but if you're paying me well above the average wage in this country for what is basically a part time job, I could get my shit together, at least long enough to get through camps, practice and the season. When you use despite knowing you're going to get tested, you're just shooting yourself in the foot. I once worked for a company that had had mandatory drug testing twice a year for its employees(Urine and hair follicles) and I never had to sweat it because I didn't use. I had a couple of people pull me aside and ask me to piss in their sample container. Um, no.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Probably. Plus, the spotlight does shine brighter on them than your average Joe and plenty of average Joes have alcohol or drug problems, they just aren't reported on national news sources. I've had my ups and downs with alcohol but if you're paying me well above the average wage in this country for what is basically a part time job, I could get my shit together, at least long enough to get through camps, practice and the season. When you use despite knowing you're going to get tested, you're just shooting yourself in the foot. I once worked for a company that had had mandatory drug testing twice a year for its employees(Urine and hair follicles) and I never had to sweat it because I didn't use. I had a couple of people pull me aside and ask me to piss in their sample container. Um, no.

Half a cup. Half a cup was all I was asking.

midswat

... soon
I appreciate the long response DLK150 but I was being sarcastic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Somebody here didn't get the memo.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
One was a screen that Zeke took all the way. :outtahere

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys add Rawleigh Williams as summer intern
By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: May 31, 2017 at 04:13 p.m.

Just weeks after deciding to hang up his football cleats, Rawleigh Williams is at least getting a chance to stay around the game.

The former Arkansas running back retired from the sport earlier this month after a scary injury in the Razorbacks' spring game left him no other choice. He's since received an opportunity from the Dallas Cowboys for a summer internship, however, and has accepted the offer, according to seccountry.com.

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said Williams had other internship options with NFL clubs, per the report, but the fit here is obvious: Williams is a Dallas native, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones played at Arkansas in the 1960s.

Williams was the SEC's third-leading rusher last season with 1,360 yards and 12 touchdowns. However, he was coming off a neck injury that required surgery to fuse a ruptured disc in 2015. After Williams was hurt again in the spring game with what school officials described as a stinger on April 29 -- he reportedly was unable to move initially -- he decided to walk away from the sport, saying in an open letter that he had "dodged the bullet twice."

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys add Rawleigh Williams as summer intern
By Chase Goodbread
College Football 24/7 writer
Published: May 31, 2017 at 04:13 p.m.

Just weeks after deciding to hang up his football cleats, Rawleigh Williams is at least getting a chance to stay around the game.

The former Arkansas running back retired from the sport earlier this month after a scary injury in the Razorbacks' spring game left him no other choice. He's since received an opportunity from the Dallas Cowboys for a summer internship, however, and has accepted the offer, according to seccountry.com.

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said Williams had other internship options with NFL clubs, per the report, but the fit here is obvious: Williams is a Dallas native, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones played at Arkansas in the 1960s.

Williams was the SEC's third-leading rusher last season with 1,360 yards and 12 touchdowns. However, he was coming off a neck injury that required surgery to fuse a ruptured disc in 2015. After Williams was hurt again in the spring game with what school officials described as a stinger on April 29 -- he reportedly was unable to move initially -- he decided to walk away from the sport, saying in an open letter that he had "dodged the bullet twice."
Who?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
He was our starting running back. It is a sad story. He was on his way to being a pro.
Sucks when injuries end a promising career.

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom