Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Right. But the way he blew by those guys, it looked like they were Olinemen.
So we're up to what...four 1st rounders this year?

:towel

Smitty

DCC 4Life
KD Cannon, who went undrafted and signed with the 49ers, was already released.

Interesting case. I'd take a flyer on him, but I wonder why they let him go already. They had guaranteed him a 40k salary.

dallen

Senior Tech
I wouldn't have been mad if he were one of our 6th-7th round picks. That's weird they already cut him. Maybe there is a reason he was a UDFA

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't have been mad if he were one of our 6th-7th round picks. That's weird they already cut him. Maybe there is a reason he was a UDFA
Yeah there must be something going on with him that caused all of that. Maybe there is more to his character than we all know.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Interesting case. I'd take a flyer on him, but I wonder why they let him go already. They had guaranteed him a 40k salary.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Why would you want him? Something is obviously very wrong if he was already released.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We dropped a spot in the rankings AFTER the draft? Seems legit.

data

Forbes #1
Imagine a world where the Patriots still have belichick and Brady, but are mediocre. Might take a 45-year old Brady.

townsend

Banned
Imagine a world where the Patriots still have belichick and Brady, but are mediocre. Might take a 45-year old Brady.
You never know when a player's going to fall off. Manning was having his best years in Denver before 2015.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Belichick is a sith lord, age has nothing to do with this. Gotta cut his head off.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If we are looking for interesting players to try to buy for pennies on the dollar, a player I would sniff around is Sammy Watkins in Buffalo. I read they aren't picking up his fifth year option. I wonder if they'd be willing to part with him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If we are looking for interesting players to try to buy for pennies on the dollar, a player I would sniff around is Sammy Watkins in Buffalo. I read they aren't picking up his fifth year option. I wonder if they'd be willing to part with him.
You might be on to something there.

I could actually see him having big year if he landed somewhere with an above average QB and OC.

I kinda of feel like the Sammy Watkins we've seen in Buffalo is like the Raiders' version of Randy Moss. The Raiders were a mess back then and once Moss moved on to a stable environment with a solid offensive system and great QB play, he became the most feared WR in the NFL again. I think Watkins has the potential to have a career year if placed in the right environment.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Watkins is still under contract for two more years, right? I wonder what they'd want in return for him. With his injury history and off field stuff, think they'd let him go for a 4th? Maybe a conditional 5th?

EDIT: I misread his stat page, thought he was only in the league for two years. See now he has three years. Been in the NFL since 2014.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe a rare player for player swap, too.

DeMarcus Lawrence for Watkins? Or throw in a late pick too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom