2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think if Stephen had his way, Romo would remain as a backup at a greatly reduced salary. Otherwise why announce to the world in an interview that Romo has problems staying healthy the moment the topic comes up?

Simple. By doing so you drive down Romo's value and asking price.

If Romo takes less money and stays, it keeps Dad happy, gives you the best backup QB situation in the NFL and Dak has a mentor not named Sanchez.

Romo might be inclined to do it. A home in Dallas, the guilt of having been paid millions while riding the pine most of the last two years, and the real chance of another serious injury might push him to do it.

He just might.
Then Stephen does not know what is best for the team. Romo hanging around like a spectre isn't it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think if Stephen had his way, Romo would remain as a backup at a greatly reduced salary. Otherwise why announce to the world in an interview that Romo has problems staying healthy the moment the topic comes up?

Simple. By doing so you drive down Romo's value and asking price.

If Romo takes less money and stays, it keeps Dad happy, gives you the best backup QB situation in the NFL and Dak has a mentor not named Sanchez.

Romo might be inclined to do it. A home in Dallas, the guilt of having been paid millions while riding the pine most of the last two years, and the real chance of another serious injury might push him to do it.

He just might.
Yeah that's never happening. Romo doesn't want to be a backup and I seriously doubt he cuts his salary significantly from the 12 mil he is scheduled next year. Plus Romo os worth more to another team then he is Dallas.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Code for "it's not my decision".

If that's the case then Garrett truly is a fucking idiot.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Probably under orders not to discuss the QB situation.

Now if someone would just order him to burn the empty set section of his playbook.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not if they are paying Osweiler. Can't have two big QB contracts.
Yep. They would be in a worse situation that we are in. Doesn't make sense as is.

Rev

Staff member
Trade our injury for the Texans injury. Romo for Watt.

Rev

Staff member
Remind me the deal, I'm not as big a fan of his as you, so I don't know as much...:unsure
It was a conditional pick that ended up being a third round pick.

It started out as a 4th but could have gone as high as a 1st if the Jets made it to the Super Bowl.

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't think I could handle Romo going to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom